Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

El Guapo is back!

JOhio1560's picture
August 7, 2014 at 7:59pm
16 Comments

Hey guys,

In case you didn't know, San Francisco is currently playing a preseason game vs Baltimore and Carlos Hyde is doing really well.  So far, he's had three carries for 34 yards including a nice 19 yard run.  The game is on on the NFL network and the 9ers just got the ball back.  Go check it out and cheer on El Gaupo!

OfficerRabbit's picture

Thanks for posting... NFL exhibition games are normally so far off my radar I would've never noticed it was on. El Guapo had a knack for making plays when he really needed too, the only player in recent memory I can think of like that was TP. When either of them had to get a 3rd or 4th down conversion, you just knew they would make it happen. Why do they leave us soo early?!!?

Habu71's picture

Thanks for the update!

Hyde = Should have been a Bengal. 

+6 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

You guys got stuck with the felon.... lololol

LEBRON

+3 HS
Habu71's picture

I have to root for him now, but SF made the better choice. 

whiskeyjuice's picture

GO GUAPO!!!!!!!!!!!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

-1 HS
JOhio1560's picture

Carlos' first half stats: 5 carries, 39 yards.  Unfortunately, he hasn't played since the second drive.  49ers have really struggled since they took Hyde out.  Three straight 3 and outs.  I doubt they'll put El Gaupo back in but I'll follow it in between the Reds-Indians game.  Go 9ers!  Go Reds!

"You Win With People" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Bengals have to be the dumbest franchise out there. Passed on Hyde for a felon. Hope the Bengals regret it. I dont even hate the Bengals, but that ticked me off.

+1 HS
Sin City Buckeye's picture

I know it's only 1 preseason game, but I have the San Francisco feed here in Vegas and they just raved about him throughout the game, even when he wasn't playing. They interviewed him on the field after the game and he was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. He looked really good with the ball and also picking up pass blocking. Buy his rookie cards fellas, they are flying on ebay.

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+1 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

I honestly didn't know playing cards still exist. Good for him. Hope he gets to tote it in buckets as Gore slows down.

+1 HS
Sin City Buckeye's picture

Business is booming. Check out these Hyde rookies:

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

It's not weird that I don't collect (I mean, I did as a 7 or 8 year old for a minute) yet want to own those, is it?

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

In other news Boren ( the Fullback) had a nice block on a goalline TDfor the Super Chargers. 

Gray Box's picture

Pretty high praise:

+1 HS
GreatLakesBeer's picture

Let Hyde eat..........also Zach Boren had a few nice blocks and a ST tackle for the Chargers

If you will it dude, it is no dream

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

I can't get used to Beanie Carlos wearing 28

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

+1 HS