Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Rob Dowdy commits to Pitt......

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture
September 1, 2014 at 8:29pm
12 Comments

Sorry I can not embed tweets at the moment. 

But was OSU ever in play with this LOCAL kid? What is going on here? Especially with OL not wanting to come here.

Ludwig Yards's picture

IIRC, OSU wanted him to camp here to earn an offer and he didn't want to.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Especially with OL not wanting to come here.

We had a pretty good OL haul last year, IIRC. And we have some physically impressive guys committed so far this year and we are in good shape with a few more elite lineman. With how good Warriner has been, I think he's earned the right to be very selective.

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Would you take Dowdy over Feder, Schmidt, or potentially Burrell/Richmond? Especially without seeing him camp, like Feder and Schmidt did?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
Adam21's picture

Last year, the top OL and 2 of the top 3 OL (Trout and M. Jones) from Ohio chose the Buckeyes. The year before, the top OL from Ohio chose OSU (Lisle). In 2012, Kalis decommitted from us, while Decker and Dodson chose us. They were the top 3 OL in Ohio. I don't think we've had a problem with top Ohio OL not wanting to come to tOSU, especially with Meyer at the helm.

+4 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Sucks to see local talent go elsewhere, but you have to be excited with who we have and who we can potentially get. Wish the kid success, though. Living a dream.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

I agree, but IMO it's best for a guy to camp and prove it. If he doesn't want to come to camp and compete for an offer, then he probably wasn't too high on us in the first place. Best of luck to him at Pitt. I think it's a good choice for him as a lineman. Paul Chryst will be an excellent coach, and they develop pro lineman in that system.(Wisconsin)

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Camp offers trump all star rankings. If a 5* guy  refused to camp I would much rather have the high 3* or 4* kid that wanted to prove his worth. These rankings by all these supposed experts are starting to get ridiculous.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

dubjayfootball90's picture

I agree with you, and with Groveport. Camp offers are ones that mean a lot. In person coaching/critiquing. 

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

DOUEVENURBZ's picture

I posted a forum a while ago asking if anyone heard if we were going after him. It didn't seem like we really pushed for him, nor did a lot of other big time programs.

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Ahh ok. I did not not know he refused to camp here. Yea I guess if he doesn't want to camp then he probably isnt interested on OSU anyway. Oh well, just thought I'd ask.

PittBuckeye's picture

Pshh who goes to Pitt... Morons and drunks I say!

otrain2416's picture

Another classic example of the Big Ten not being able to recruit in its back yard.

-2 HS