Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

With Hilliard's Commitment...

bgsubuckeye's picture
July 3, 2014 at 12:05am
7 Comments

I think the whole Cincy kids hating OSU thing gets a little blown overboard. Hilliard even said he grew up a big fan of Ohio State and his room was decorated in it. Not only him, but Hubbard committed to OSU almost right away after being offered, and he also had other offers. I know sometimes it seems like they all neglect OSU a little, but I don't think it is as bad as a lot of people think.

teddyballgame's picture

Just wait for the UC game this year.  That will stir the pot..

irishfury's picture

I was born in Cincy and lived in Cincy till I was 12.  My love for OSU came in that time.  I never understood the whole Cincy hates OSU.

Groveport Heisman's picture

I dont think its really a hate thing although there are some Bearcat fans with a serious little brother complex. I think it has more to do with the top talent playing for private Catholic schools which have been known feeder schools for Notre Dame. These kids parents value education 1st and to most it is a dream come true to receive a full ride to a nice private prestigious Catholic school like Notre Dame. Then you have Espin brainwashing large factions of fans into believing if you arent playing in the sec you arent a NFL prospect.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Trust me, these UC fans down here have a serious problem with OSU. I guess being the little brother sucks. Oh well

+1 HS
bgsubuckeye's picture

I aways had fun going to visit friends on the campus of UC. Had about 4 really close friends, but I knew about 30 people (all from towns nearby where I grew up, I lived in a small town SE OH so I knew everyone in the county) and every single one of them were diehard buckeye fans. Always chanted O-H-I-O on their campus with the actual students and the UC students who were UC fans would always argue.

+1 HS
MacG91's picture

Its weird, I work at a hospital in Cinci and wear an OSU lanyard. I always have patient's family members saying things like, Oh Im not sure if we  can be friends or You should take that lanyard off.. just stupid things like that. So I say to them oh you must be michigan fans (knowing that they are uc fans). and they say no were uc fans and I just give them a dumb look like stfu but unfortunately I can not say that to them. 

Its just the red headed step child things where they think they have to claim to be better just to get attention and taken seriously. I can not listen to the radio half the time because of how pissed off I get from some of the locals. 

Mac..yeah

+8 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Keep wearing that Lanyard proud Mac-Daddy - keep making the michigan statement just to rub it in - Awesome

+1 HS