Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

OSU offers 2015 St. Thomas Aquinas DB Damon Arnette

KB3RG's picture
June 26, 2014 at 2:48pm
21 Comments
Hovenaut's picture

Liking that Aquinas pipeline...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+7 HS
KB3RG's picture

I know right. Good bye Glenville. Hello St. Thomas,  Hubbard, Cass Tech(2016 Onwenu, 2017 Peoples-Jones), DeMatha(2016 Shane Simmons), and hopefully Saguaro(2015 Kirk,2016 Murphy, 2017 Lyles)

-1 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

+1, but I don't think its a good idea to say "goodbye" to any pipeline....let alone one that's been as productive as Glenville.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+6 HS
KB3RG's picture

well true...I just meant its been one recruiting class so far (2015) that there will not be a Glenville recruit in the past what 12 years?

+2 HS
1967Buck's picture

Good bye Glenville you say KB? Geez, peace.

Wilkins78's picture

From what I have heard from a friend very close to the program, expect a couple down years for Glenville from a pipeline standpoint unless someone breaks out.  They are kind of in rebuilding mode.

BengalErnst's picture

High schools have rebuilding modes?

Nicholas l Ernst

Wilkins78's picture

Yeah, I thought about the wording when I was writing it.  Perhaps not quite the same thing as in college, but it seemed the best way to describe it. 

KansasBuckeye's picture

Do we really have room for more DBs in this class? I mean, he looks pretty darn good, don't get me wrong.  Does the fact that we're still in on and offering defensive back prospects mean EGW is being primarily slated as receiver?

TheBadOwl's picture

EGW as a receiver = probably only taking one more receiver. The staff obviously wants another safety, and I don't blame them. We have more young talent at receiver than we do at safety.

Our biggest needs, depth-wise, are the offensive line and safety. I think we all assume that Bosa is gone after 2015, and it's possible that Spence is gone after this year. After losing Marcus to transfer, our only true rushing DE's are going to be Lewis, Holmes and Slade, so they're targeting the d-line heavily too. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

I know Bosa and Spence are rare talents who probably will project well to the NFL, but why should we assume they are both going.  I don't know a lot about their backgrounds, but I believe they both come from good families, and aren't in a pressing financial situation with having kids or the need to improve a housing situation for their parents.  I think there is a decent chance, one, if not both return for their senior seasons.

irishfury's picture

Bosa will be a top ten pick.  If Spence does as well he may be a top ten pick.  In the NFL you don't turn down being a first rounder.  Bosa has the chance to be the number 1 pick if he lights it up for 2 more years he has JJ Watt written all over him.

Knarcisi's picture

Kansas, what team did you watch last year?  Can never have enough DB depth. I'd rather the depth here than the 6 or 7 H guys we have stacked up with only 1 football. 

KansasBuckeye's picture

Touche!  My thought was with the current situation of sub 20 scholarships available for 2015 class and already having Dean, EGW, Ward, and Green committed. Pair them with freshmen Apple, Conley, Webb, Hooker, Smith, and Lattimore and it seems like we're set for next year with maybe one more.  But I expected that if we added one more it would come in the form of Whitehead (or Roundtree or McFadden if we're lucky).

KB3RG's picture

Posted highlights twice and not his player profile. My bad...

http://247sports.com/Player/Damon-Arnette-38546

Seattle Linga's picture

Nice crop of DB's coming our way!!

MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

His teammate is Peete, a big 6'5" WR, who OSU covets.

Hearing it's mutual interest.

+1 HS
Northbrook's picture

Good info. I had forgot about Peete and hadn't heard anything about him recently. 

KB3RG's picture

Peete said top 2 is Miami and OSU

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture
+1 HS
KB3RG's picture

Fellow 2016 teammate, Sam Bruce is announcing July 4th. Top 3 of FSU, Miami and OSU. Expected to pick FSU