Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

2015 OL Patrick Allen Names OSU Leader

John Brandon's picture
March 22, 2014 at 4:43pm
11 Comments

Per Steve Wiltfong, Patrick Allen named Ohio State his leader following a great visit this weekend.

Allen is a composite 4-star offensive tackle from Reisterstown, Maryland. Would be huge, literally. Check out his highlights: great athleticism and open field blocking, finishes blocks well - was pretty much built for the power-spread.

weimerad's picture

Does the staff have him high on their list of OL? Is his offer commitable? I'm guessing they take 4-5 OL with Steven Gonzales, Drew Richmond, one of the Ohio OL (not yet sold on Daniels) and Allen? What other OL are very high on OSU?

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Yes, Allen is up near the top of the list.

awarren84's picture

FWIW. Every pass play on this highlight tape he is in a 2 point stance. And very run play he is in a 3 point stance. Only exceptions are screen plays. 

"Anything less than flagrant is just playing grab ass!"

Seattle Linga's picture

John do you get the feeling that he could be committing soon 

John Brandon's picture

Nope, Florida State was the perceived leader for a while and he hasn't visited them yet. Florida State visit probably sometime this summer, so no decision before then at least.

Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks for the update John - I hope he chooses to come our way - FSU does not need any more studs.

osubuck57's picture

Gonzalez, Richmond, Daniels, and Allen would be another great O-line haul for this class, if it works out that way. Penn State nipping at our heals for Gonzalez though. That one kind of worries me.

SCOTTC.

Woodshed's picture

Richmond is more of a concern than Gonzales IMO. I think he is prob choosing tenn.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Why do you think that?

Woodshed's picture

Tenn has been on him almost as long as OSU. He has visited there quite a few times and his best friend committed to tenn this past class (2014).

in the end he could choose OSU, but it seems like we have seen this movie many times before with the local team winning out in the end.