Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Chris Clark to UNC

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture
March 16, 2014 at 5:22pm
72 Comments

Per his Twitter... Chris Clark has committed to UNC. 

Will Conrad get a Buckeye offer now? 

ab1993's picture

fuck...... that blows

-2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Wow wtf now we are getting beat out by fucking UNC for our top football targets? Hopefully he will still take visits.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-2 HS
ab1993's picture

I can't believe he committed without visiting us first... and he was visiting this coming weekend.

Honestly I think Braxton struggling to go through reads hurts us at the TE position. Vannett and Heuerman weren't targeted a ton last year. I believe JT Barrett will be different when he takes over as QB. 

+1 HS
kicks's picture

He would never even play with Braxton, so if that was "his thinking" that's retarded.  Kenny utilized them just fine, so it's clearly not the game plan.

-4 HS

I'm talking from a production standpoint. UNC's TE is the #1 overall TE on the board and had a monster year. Our TE's weren't used a whole lot in the passing game this year. 

+5 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

Its really quite off-putting when:

A) You use the word "retarded

and 

B) You criticize a recruit's LIFE DECISION because it doesn't match up with your favorite football team.

+4 HS
tdible2132's picture

These stretches in recruiting really stink. I'm ready for the train to get rolling again. I'm confident we'll get momentum back though 

oregonianbuckeye's picture

whelp, did not see that coming.

Eastside Buckeye's picture

Maybe he thinks he'll become as good as Ebron who just graduated from there and is the #1 TE in the draft? But seriously that's nonsense that he chose before all of his visits, but again his choice and good luck to him

"Life is a course and imma shoot for par." - Dewayne Carter

Isnt UNC being investigated for another scandal that could absolutely hammer them? I dont follow the gossip on smaller schools like unc but thought I seen some headlines on them in the last couple of months.

Alpo's picture

Yep, certainly didn't see this coming. That sucks. Hopefully we can land Hale Hentges out of Missouri. Kid is a high priority at TE as well. 

+2 HS
ab1993's picture

Getting him and Conrad would be clutch

+2 HS

+2 HS
brunstar's picture

I guess he wants to graduate from college without ever going to class.

+2 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

You know, some people don't go to college to play school

Football is complicated...

+2 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Ok Cardale, calm down

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

lol I couldn't help myself. In all seriousness though, if it felt like home to him then good for him, I hope he makes the best of it.

Football is complicated...

A month or so ago I remember he received his ND offer and a lot of people were scared he would commit there with him and his family saying the offer was a dream come true,heard he even cried when he was offered.

PittBuckeye's picture

I think that was his mom that cried when he got that offer.

+1 HS
Daddypete's picture

Hang in there folks...a lot can happen in 11  months. I never get too excited about a kid commiting to a school this early unless they are a legacy or a local kid b/c sometimes it makes sense for a local "high school hero" to pick an in-state school (Christian Hackenberg is an example). I am sure Urbs will be in touch through the summer anyway.

"Stand and Deliver!"

BroJim's picture

Agreed

I season my simple food with hunger

-1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

friggin classic! watchin herself lose.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Over and Over and Over again

One story she'll never tell the grandkids

Poison nuts's picture

Amazing gif!

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

Murph32's picture

This literally has me scratching my head....

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

At least it wasn't ND.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

PittBuckeye's picture

I guess that helps. Maybe.

+1 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

Good thing I started drinking ten minutes before reading this. A lot of time to go but man... What in the world!  Maybe I should just focus on my brackets and hibernate for the five months after March madness.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

+1 HS

Me after Blanding committed to Virginia.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Is there a different Chris Clark that maybe committed for hoops?

"I want to go to a school where I can compete for National Championships."

He clearly knows something about UNC that we don't.

+10 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Or maybe it's what we all know about UNC lately that was the big draw.

Buck Commander's picture

Well he must not worry about winning because those will be hard to come by at UNC

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

This doesn't mean a whole lot IMO. If he's still committed after this season, then I'll take that as that's where he's going.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+1 HS

It doesnt mean alot if he still visits other schools. However for example if he cancels his visit to Columbus then it means a ton. Rule of thumb is never pay attention to what a recruit says and only pay attention to what they do. If he still makes his visit there is hope.

Cancelling a visit this early isn't that big of a deal.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I hear you Colerain & I didn't mean to say that I think he ends up a Buckeye, because I have no clue about that...I just have my doubts as to whether he stays a Tar Heel.

Seattle Linga's picture

I smell a de-commit before February

DJ Byrnes's picture

You know what Urban says about verbal commitments. "All that means is you're in the kid's final three."

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

John Brandon's picture

Might see a stronger push for Jackson Harris, perhaps CJ Conrad is offered. Buckeyes in a good spot with Hentges

mtrotb's picture

Where is a link or some proof?

mtrotb

I can't embed a tweet on my phone. If you have Twitter you can find it there. 

DJ Byrnes's picture

I added the tweet to the original post.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

teddyballgame's picture

They're doing more work on him. 

FitzBuck's picture

He looks really excited in that picture.  Not trying to be mean but who the hell are those guys?  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

seafus26's picture

I'm not sure. I'm not even sure what helmets those are. Are those from an arena football team? I don't see anything in that room that speaks deep football tradition. Is that a study hall?

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

HotSauceCommittee's picture

I was wondering the same thing Fitzbuck.

They might not be there after this season.

cdkmike's picture

wow and penn state got another recruit 

Michael green

edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

-1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

That was just his face when they told him he used to love jean shorts.

FitzBuck's picture

Yeah I'll believe this one when the ink dries.  I'm still banking on a visit down the road.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

otrain2416's picture

I don't get it the kid had 4 unofficials to OSU, TSUN, ND, and PurDont within the next 2 weeks lol 

Seattle Linga's picture

I promise he'll be saying this before NSD 2015

+3 HS
allinosu's picture

At least we know early so we don't blow off other good TE's like last year then not get our man and end up empty. Gesicki

+1 HS
nebraskafaninwi's picture

Like another poster said, it is what they do and not what they say. We have had prospects before that said it was a dream..blah blah blah, to only commit to another school before even visiting. It happens to teams all around the country every cycle. That is why you always recruit several players and not put all of your eggs in one basket. 

+1 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

I hope I don't get slammed with DV's b/c of this but until we start using are TE's more effectively I don't see us getting a top 5 TE consistently druing the recruiting process.  We have some great TE's on the roster now and I hope we start using them b/c they are huge down field weapons. Until we start using them as such I just feel it's going to be hard for us to get that top kid.  I am sure they want to do more than just block. 

+5 HS
ab1993's picture

Hopefully his parents will convince him to put more thought into it. Any word on if he still plans to take the OV to OSU?

cdkmike's picture

starting to have bad feeling about this class think we miss out on gibson to

Michael green

ab1993's picture

Calm yourself down we're only a month and two weeks past NSD 14. If we go for higher end targets that means that we won't have as strong of a start as usual. Plus recruits have the next season to determine where they're going to go. I'm pretty sure if we have a playoff berth and win the NCG it'll help recruiting a whole lot.

bucknut8's picture

time to offer CJ Conrad!!! kids an in-state baller!

#Buckeyes

+1 HS
EDUGOON's picture

In the words of Jay-Z "On to the Next One, On On to the Next One"

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

tennbuckeye19's picture

On a sidenote: Don't you guys think Larry Fedora (UNC HC) should be required to wear one at all times. I mean it's his name. If my name was Jimmy Sockhat, I'd be wearing one 24/7...

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Gotta respect his wishes...even the incorrect choice. I jest

See you in 2017? Is that when tOSU plays UNC?

UFM_Renewal

45OH4IO's picture

Keep recruiting the OL and DL hardcore and get a top end can't miss QB every two years and the rest will fall into place. Sad OSU didn't get their guy, but a lot can happen between now and 2/15.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

As I said last week, wasn't feeling Clark and OSU much - seemed like he was into the school initially but I got the feeling he wanted a bit more intimate environment for college. Last week he told me that his leaders were Arizona State and...Purdue, but that he was hoping he and his parents would go someplace and be blown away, apparently that happened in Chapel Hill.

Poison nuts's picture

I really hope not to see the "this class is gonna suck" comments/threads any time soon...

I expect it in a week or 2. Especially now that you can't DV threads.

The next wave will be "Has Urban lost it".