Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Anyone know anything about Kyle Dodson?

Gobucks2204's picture
September 2, 2014 at 7:01pm
8 Comments

I haven't heard anything this season about Kyle Dodson. Does anyone know how he has been doing? Is he on the depth chart? I think he would be a sophomore.  Just hadn't heard his name mentioned at all.

bethmowins's picture

on the 2 deep at right guard

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Sorry, I just saw him on the depth chart behind Billy Price at right guard. I thought Joel Hale was subbing for Price.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

"Greater love has no one than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends"

bethmowins's picture

Price and Elfein have swapped guard spots on the depth chart. I believe Elfein played LG the first half of Navy and then moved back to RG later in the game when the run game wasn't going too well.

+1 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

The coaches must have moved him from tackle to guard after the spring. He was struggling in pass protection at tackle. I hope the light comes on for him at guard. 

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Me too.  I just remember us being excited when he committed. Hopefully, he can get better and better.

"Greater love has no one than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends"

vitaminB's picture

His favorite color is awesome.

+3 HS
Brutus1972's picture

I was really hoping with his height and arm length that he would work out at Tackle.

osu07asu10's picture

He still may. He is only a sophomore with at least a talented player at LT (his "natural position").

Even if he doesn't,...Alex Boone has shown that taller athletic lineman have a place at G in the league...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick