Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Anyone know anything about Kyle Dodson?

Gobucks2204's picture
September 2, 2014 at 7:01pm
8 Comments

I haven't heard anything this season about Kyle Dodson. Does anyone know how he has been doing? Is he on the depth chart? I think he would be a sophomore.  Just hadn't heard his name mentioned at all.

bethmowins's picture

on the 2 deep at right guard

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Sorry, I just saw him on the depth chart behind Billy Price at right guard. I thought Joel Hale was subbing for Price.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

bethmowins's picture

Price and Elfein have swapped guard spots on the depth chart. I believe Elfein played LG the first half of Navy and then moved back to RG later in the game when the run game wasn't going too well.

+1 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

The coaches must have moved him from tackle to guard after the spring. He was struggling in pass protection at tackle. I hope the light comes on for him at guard. 

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Me too.  I just remember us being excited when he committed. Hopefully, he can get better and better.

vitaminB's picture

His favorite color is awesome.

+3 HS
Brutus1972's picture

I was really hoping with his height and arm length that he would work out at Tackle.

osu07asu10's picture

He still may. He is only a sophomore with at least a talented player at LT (his "natural position").

Even if he doesn't,...Alex Boone has shown that taller athletic lineman have a place at G in the league...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick