Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Rain for VT?

ab1993's picture
September 2, 2014 at 10:01am
22 Comments

I know it's a long way away, but how is a game at the Shoe in the rain? I can't imagine the humidity would be much fun.

BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Yeah I was looking at that too this morning. Hopefully we build up some good karma. Last game I went to was the IU snow bowl.... So I am praying for clear skies.  

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

osu07asu10's picture

I made it through the first quarter of that IU game. Hit up every bar on High Street on my way back down to Victorian Village (or so my credit card says)...

Blacked out, left my wallet, keys, and phone in the cab (who was nice enough to bring them to my wife in the morning).

Oddly enough, I don't remember the snow that much....

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+5 HS
MichaelJ721984's picture

Hell yes! (in my drunken hobo guy from Big Daddy voice)

+1 HS
BuckeyeMike74's picture

We lasted until the end of the 3rd.  We were in the closed end pretty high up and shielded from wind.  But it was pretty freaking cold.

RubixTube's picture

The only time I miss sitting in B-deck. :(

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

+2 HS
buckdubbs007's picture

The one time i actually bought B deck tickets hooray for me

buckdubbs007
+1 HS
LouGroza's picture

That far away, the forecast means nothing. The temperature may not even be correct. By Thursday the picture will be clearer, but Friday is the day to get the forecast. Hope no one has a meteorologist in the family but they are wrong often.

+2 HS
1MechEng's picture

We need 11W User Baroclinicity to weigh in on this ...

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

I'll look at this overnight at work. Looks like call front late Friday. Just how cool the next day is the question along with a lingering shower possibility. Check back!

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

By the way, I have a vested interest as I will be attending.

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

awesome thanks man!

Baroclinicity's picture

Tailgating could be on the soggy side early in the day.  Definitely looking at a cold front pushing through, likely with showers and storms.  Timing still is iffy.  We could luck out with it going through before noon, so we'll see.  In the end, I think we are already clearing out before game time.

It may get a bit cool during the game, however.  Hard to tell how fast it will cool off, but it could end up in the 60s with a north wind.  May need the long sleeve shirt.

I'll update this with changes as needed.

dubjayfootball90's picture

11W's weatherman! I like it!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
nikolajz1's picture

Perfect that the first game at the Shoe will be the first fall feeling day of the year. 

TheShookster's picture

Hey, it looks like you're right...just based of NOAA's website. Rain most likely before 9AM then mostly cloudy the rest of the day. Hopefully that stays true

Baroclinicity's picture

Sometimes these fronts can slow down at night, so maybe it lags a bit through the morning. One other thing I want to look at is clouds. If low clouds hang in, we might have to deal with drizzly/sprinkle annoying stuff off and on. I'll know more about that tonight.

osu407's picture

I sure hope it doesn't rain. Bad weather levels the difference in team speed and we need Devin and Dontre blowing by people. 

+2 HS
Sauce Bauss's picture

But it emphasizes the power running game in which I'll take EZE over whoever VT has. 

+1 HS
VTBUCK's picture

Whats the update on this? Thnx

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

As far as I've heard (I live in central Ohio), it's going to be a cooler day (under 80), about 60 after the game. Rain still possible early, but will probably be moved out by game time.

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

bucks4nuts's picture

Hearing rain throught NW ohio by 8am Cbus by noonish

OH..

"To The House"

Seattle Linga's picture

Just another way to pour it on VT

+1 HS