Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Rashad Frazier

Run_Fido_Run's picture
September 1, 2014 at 4:32pm
15 Comments

Did anyone happen to notice how many plays/series Rashad Frazier played against Navy? I was just rewatching the "close out" defensive series that immediately followed EzE's TD run that put the Buckeyes up 27-17 with about 8:50 left in the game. If Navy had any hope for a comeback, they had to get a TD or FG drive on that series, but the defense had perhaps its best series to effectively close the door.

Well, Frazier looked great on this series. On 2nd and 7 on the 22 yard line, Frazier crashed in from his right DE spot to upend the FB dive for about a 2.5 yard gain - great instincts on that play. On third down, Navy tried to run an option play to his side. Frazier, face-planted the FB who tried to cut block him and then kept inside contain against Reynolds. Fortunately, Worley, Bell, and C. Grant were all over the pitchman and outside QB lane, forcing Reynolds back into Frazier, who had pinched in maybe a hair too much (Reynolds is a slippery dude). Never mind, though, as Frazier lassoed Reynolds anyway, with help from Curtis Grant.

Frazier was credited with 4 total tackles in the game, but I wasn't paying enough attention to his earlier series. Can anyone fill me in on his overall performance? 

KBonay's picture

He played well.

+3 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

I don't know his particular stats but I can recall saying "man 17 sure is playing well" numerous times......wearing 17 caught me off guard a little

+2 HS
swobuckeye's picture

I thought the DE's in the 1st half looked confused and lost.  Bosa/Miller/Frazier looked much better in the 2nd half.

crusher's picture

I wouldn't say they were confused I'd say they were getting use to constant chop blocks. I'd like to see a pick of Boss's shins today. It seemed like every play he was taking a helmet or shoulder pad to the knees or shins.

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men

JohnnyKozmo's picture

I was at the game, and I didn't count the # of plays, but he was out there an awful lot.  Him, Bosa, and Miller were the main rotation at DE.

Cincinnati_BUCKEYE's picture

Was it just me, or did he look particularly larger than everybody else around him? Straight up man child. 

"Because I couldn't go for three"

JohnnyKozmo's picture

It did appear that way

Buckforlife's picture

I like that he's wearing number 17. He's from Middletown along with Jalin Marshall, who also wears number 17. 

No relation to OSUFORLIFE...

dubjayfootball90's picture

haha, nice observation. No coincidences!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Frazier looked better than Miller, In my opinion. 

AZbucks77's picture

Really like Frazier.  Correct me if I am wrong but didn't he leave a scholarship at Purdue to walk on at Ohio State?  Really nice to see him getting in the mix and playing well.  Congrats to the young man. 

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

You are correct. And if you recall, he was a monster in the Spring Game too. 
2 min mark of video is his strip-sack and recovery for a TD

+1 HS
M5gatronBuckeye's picture

Originally went to Purdue but transferred here. I'd say I'm glad he did. 

"I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win"
Michael Jordan

+1 HS
southbay's picture

Frazier and Miller could probably both start at DE for a lot of other teams, so the Buckeyes are in great shape at that position. I noticed No. 17 a number of times during the game as well.  But I also saw Steve Miller join in the chase on one of the plays that Navy broke for a long run, the dude can move!

KBonay's picture