Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Thoughts about the offense's strategy

0 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
August 19, 2014 at 11:02am
11 Comments

We saw a little bit of how Herman & Meyer approached calling a game last year with Cal - when Smooth Jazz was the QB and Jordan Hall was the RB.  

The read option right zone didn't change a whole lot, but we ran Kenny G less and relied on short/intermediate passing game more.  I know it was Cal...but I enjoyedseeing the offense be more diverse that game.

With JT or Cardale plus our weapons at RB, receiver, TE, and H-back...I think we will see the same kind of game plan.  Herman and Meyer will get the ball to the speedsters in space in the outside zone and to the TE more often.  

I think our running backs will share carries more...maybe we will finally see the diamond formation.  

You know defenses like VA Tech and MSU are going to challenge us at the line of scrimmage, so we will have to have a strong running game plan with play action as throwing over the top of defense will be less likely without Brax. 

What do you think we'll see Herman and Meyer do to adjust the offense?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments