Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Hyde vs. Roby today....

HENRYJONESJR's picture
August 17, 2014 at 10:15am
10 Comments

Hopefully, they both play well, but whom do you think will get the better of the other? Personally, I think Hyde will run him over (like everyone else).

Ohiothomas1's picture

Hyde. I think Roby is one of those exceptional athletes that a team gambled on because of his enormous potential, but doesn't pan out to be quite as successful as a 1st rounder is expected to be.

+8 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

I gotta disagree with you on that one Roby's first years he was playing like a future all american. If I'm not mistaken he lead the BTN in pass breakups his RS Freshman year. The scheme was his big down fall the past two years. I think Roby could be a solid lock down corner and have a long career. 

Guapo will dominate though no doubt about that.

NashBuckeye's picture

Roby knows first hand that his only chance would be to go low if he sees El Guapo coming. Hopefully, no serious Buckeye on Buckeye violence today. Especially since it is Preseason.

+3 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

Run, Carlos, Run

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

HENRYJONESJR's picture

It may just be me, but the first two seasons Roby was playing all out.  I felt he was playing not to get hurt his junior season knowing he may have given up a lot if he got injured.

+1 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Roby will sit out so Hyde doesn't hurt him.

Some people think we’re the hunted.I don’t feel that way at all.We’re the hunter.Everybody wants an angry football team.Everybody wants a team on edge and a hungry team.If you’re a hunter,that usually equates to being hungry.

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I think Hyde will run him over (like everyone else).

I love Roby despite some of the disappointment last year.  But this (above) all day long.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

hit_the_couch's picture

Get the better of the other? Did Hyde switch to WR?

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

-1 HS
cdub4's picture

LOL true. I don't get all the Roby comments either. He is a tremendous athlete and I believe he will have a nice NFL career.

+1 HS