Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey tossed from practice after knocking down QB Jameis Winston

airbuckeye's picture
August 11, 2014 at 2:17pm
32 Comments

Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey, one of the Seminoles’ best players, is in hot water with his coach after a series of altercations led to him being kicked out of practice Sunday.

Ramsey got into it with several Florida State players, including knocking quarterback Jameis Winston to the ground, which prompted coach Jimbo Fisher to toss his freshman All-American out of practice.

"It ain't typical. It's not what we're going to do," Fisher told media after practice. "He was told not to do something and he defied me. So we'll judge from there. And I'm very upset with him. It's lack of leadership. It's lack of character.

"He'll decide if he wants to play at Florida State."

Prior to knocking Winston over, Ramsey got into a tussle with starting running back Karlos Williams and shoved receiver Kermit Whitfield in the back after a play. Also, during a non-tackling period, Ramsey took out tight end Ryan Izzo.

Winston hit the turf after a blitzing Ramsey pushed Williams into the Heisman Trophy winner’s legs.

That was the last straw for Fisher, who yelled at Ramsey while he exited to the locker room through the stadium tunnel. Florida State practices are usually closed to the public, but this practice was open to fans because it was the annual media/fan day, which includes a meet-and-greet and autograph session.

"You're going to do things my way or they're not going to play here," Fisher said. "When I tell somebody to do something and they don't do it, it's serious. That's how you have problems."

Last season, Ramsey, who started 14 games, became the first freshman to start at cornerback for Florida State since Deion Sanders. He finished the year with 49 tackles, a sack, an interception, a fumble forced, a fumble recovery and a quarterback hurry on the nation’s No. 1-ranked pass defense.

Buckeye Knight's picture

To be fair, Jameis did cut in front of him in the crab leg buffet line.

+27 HS
NW Buckeye's picture

But, if he had only absconded with some crab legs instead of roughing up legs that abscond with crab legs, he would have been just fine! 

whiskeyjuice's picture

Rumor has it that he was hired by these guys to disrupt practice and get Jimbo unhinged.....

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

osu07asu10's picture

You should cite the article that you have copied and pasted.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+11 HS
mh277907's picture

Oh, come on. Airbuckeye's grammar has just gotten much better.

buckeyebobcat

+7 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/help/commenting-policy

Do not copy and paste entire articles from other sources

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

+7 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

He copy and pasted it in a forum post, not in a comment, so I guess that means it's ok.

-1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Doesn't sound like Ramsey is scrong den......

+11 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

He said it was consensual with Jameis.

+18 HS
GoBucksToledo's picture

Hold it, did Ramsey push Williams into the Heisman Trophy winner's crab legs?  I can see why Jimbo had to draw the line there.

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

The Seminoles OL needs to protect their QB like the Tallahassee PD does. 

Go Bucks!

+14 HS
KBonay's picture

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑    WINNER

Bucki78's picture

"But I don't have to rely on a lot of people to tell me about the traditions of Ohio State. I lived it, I breathed it, I know it and I love it." - Urban Meyer

+10 HS
faux_maestro's picture

Wow, that Jimbo Fisher sure runs a tight ship....

Inní mér syngur vitleysingur

+4 HS
airbuckeye's picture

I got it off the Yahoo Sports page and yes i did copy and paste it because Yahoo's Sports page locks me up when i click on it evertime. So i was lucky it even let get as far as i did to copy it without locking me up.

AndyVance's picture

Thanks for sharing the article - in the future, the best way to do this is to excerpt a paragraph or two, mention where you sourced the material, and then include a link. Plagiarism ain't cool, and while it wasn't your intent to rip off another writer's work and claim it as your own, that's what you did here, even if unintentionally.

To recap: cutting and pasting entire articles is BAD. Excerpting, citing and linking is GOOD. Happy sharing!

Chief B1G Dump's picture

EDIT: Dang, my bad. I see Woodshed posted nearly the same comment as I did, a couple posts above. +1 for thinking alike. 

Ramsey may not be skrong but we skrong den, Woodshed...

+4 HS
Woodshed's picture

If you skrong, Im skrong. We skrong den.

+3 HS
apack614's picture

Thanks Airbuckeye awesome read! I love seeing other teams having internal problems!

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

Gray Box's picture

Here's the video for anyone that wants to watch Jimbo explain the situation:

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Potential sexual assault?  Blah blah blah

Free crab legs?  Blah blah blah

Getting into it with teammates?  GTFO, LACK OF CHARACTER

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ok Jimbo

Class of 2010.

+11 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Why am I starting to dislike old Jimbo? Maybe his protecting Jameis at any costs has me feeling a little bit different about him. This kid defied you and showed poor leadership skills Jimbo? By what? Getting physical with a kid that has stolen,shot out windows,stole again,disrespected women?  Hate hypocrites.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+5 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Clearly he is a Gator plant.  He got on the team, played well, and now Muschamp has hit the destroy switch.

This is the recruiting of the future.  Recruit/plant moles in other teams to wreak havoc.

+5 HS
jedkat's picture

#sackjameis

"I was tired of trying to work my way around the back, so I just ran him over"

~ Joey Bosa

+5 HS
apack614's picture

If this is the case then there is a whole lot of lack of character coming when Bosa meets Winston in the playoffs

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
allinosu's picture

You have to wonder he collected some bet money after practice with some of his defensive teammates wanting to wipe that smile off Winston's face.

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

I guess Jameis doesn't like being illegally touched.

+10 HS
GreatLakesMike's picture

For a team who just won the national title, Florida State sure seems like a train wreck. 

+2 HS
buckeyeinthechi's picture

"Trust the Process"

There are three different types of people in the world.....those who can count, and those who cannot.

Ardyb's picture

No way FSU makes it to the NC this year. Way too much BS going on with them. It doesn't help they have someone with the maturity level of justin bieber to lead the team.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

hahahaha, there are so many great comments in the forum topic. This was awesome.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.