Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Boom goes the dynamite: O'bannon wins

BuckGnome's picture
August 8, 2014 at 6:29pm
9 Comments
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

So...really...are we going to have to buy jerseys of like 3 digit # so they don't resemble any current players?

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

Damonbuckeye's picture

Man!!! When are they bringing back NCAA football ??? The roster I downloaded for tOSU is garbage..

+2 HS
ScarletAndGrayAllDay's picture

If you're on 360 try "JC SPINNER"...it's from some guys over at operation sports. It won't be completely finished until late August but has some fairly up to date rosters.

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

All i want is a new Xbox game..

Buckeye fan from PA

+2 HS
bafiesta's picture

Thought this would blow-up the system too until I saw this:

"In a partial victory for the NCAA, though, Wilken said the NCAA could set a cap on the money paid to athletes, as long as it allows at least $5,000 a year for big school football and basketball players."

Perhaps not earth shattering news especially in light of the big 5 already moving in the direction of more valuable scholarships. 

+1 HS
BuckGnome's picture

Same here.  That part of the ruling makes this a very manageable loss for the NCAA.

Still, there are other torpedoes in the water aimed at the NCAA's definition of amateurism.   Long way to go before this is over.

+1 HS
Brutus1972's picture

The door is open, its too late to save the NCAA's definition of amateurism no matter what they change it to. Pandora's box has now been opened.

+1 HS