Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

If you were a recruit, where would your five official visits be?

TheBadOwl's picture
June 30, 2014 at 12:36pm
107 Comments

And yes, you have to take all five.

For all the shit we talk about other schools, I think it'd be cool to see which schools you guys all could maybe see yourselves at if you were a recruit. I'll start.

I graduated high school in 2011, so for the sake of the argument, I'm going to approach this from the perspective of 17-year-old me.

1. Penn State -- my mom is an alum, the Sandusky stuff hadn't been exposed, JoePa was still there, and I grew up as a huge PSU fan
  2. Ohio State -- close to home, my sister was there, great program, Tressel rocks
  3. Clemson -- fell in love with their campus when my sister visited. Beautiful location, weather, girls
  4. Auburn -- Awesome campus, lots of history
  5. USC or UCLA -- SoCal weather, In-N-Out, historic programs, beautiful campuses, fantastic education

Meanwhile, if I woke up tomorrow as a 17-year-old hotshot recruit, my choices would be:

1. Ohio State -- Urban Meyer, family, etc. enough said.
  2. Tennessee -- family there, beautiful campus/weather, plus Knoxville rocks.
  3. Clemson -- again, beautiful campus, great program, etc.
  4. Oregon -- I'd never leave their new football facilities. Hot damn those are beautiful.
  5. LSU -- I've heard they have a great campus, and I've always wanted to see it. Les Miles rocks and they put people in the NFL.

Granted that I'd probably commit to the Buckeyes in the end, since I've loved my last three years here, but you all have to admit that it'd be fun to see all of the awesome parts of the other big football programs.

rosycheeks's picture

Hawaii 5x. I know I'm going to Ohio State.

+16 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Technically, you can only do one OV per school. So I'll go ahead and change that list for you:

• Hawaii
  • USC
  • Pepperdine (do they even have football?)
  • Miami
  • USF

Bonus points if you wait until December to take your OV's.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
rosycheeks's picture

It's true, Pepperdine is awesome. I wouldn't go to Miami though.

Poison nuts's picture

Florida is great & all, but the weather here sucks in the summer (it will actually melt you) so I'd recommend just the one Florida school visit. Or if you make visits in the winter - then by all means - do 3 Florida schools, a California & a Hawaii...Then commit to OSU.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

rosycheeks's picture

I'd also go to Michigan just to troll them, then I'd commit to Ohio State from Hawaii.

+5 HS
808buckeye's picture

I'm from the islands it's cool and all but watch out for the racism.. No joke it gets intense if you're a haole meaning white person.. It's not all sunshine and rainbows that you are meant to believe

seize the carpe

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

1. Ohio State
2. Ohio State
3. Ohio State
4. Ohio State
5. Ohio State

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+5 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Can't OV to the same school more than once. Have to pick five different schools.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

jeremytwoface's picture

Damn... 

Then I'll go the rout that other people are taking... Hawaii, USC, Miami, Coastal Carolina....

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

warosu's picture

Beat me to it!!!! Upvote

HattanBuck85's picture

Ohio State, Penn State, UCLA, Washington, LSU (dat night game)

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

Oyster's picture

Vegas

New Orleans

Miami Beach

LA

Panama City

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Ohio State, Oregon, Florida, Alabama, Miami U

+2 HS
Hayesedandconfused's picture

Miami U sooooooooo Many hot girls

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Well i am a 17 year old, but do not play football. But if i had the opportunity i would chose the following:

Ohio State : I am a Buckeye fan

Clemson : Awesome stadium introduction

USC : A lot of tradition and warm weather

Oregon : Love the uniforms

Alabama : They win

Buckeye fan from PA

SOF_Buckeye's picture

Arizona, Boise State, LSU, Tennessee, and Ohio State.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

InTressITrust's picture

Going to hijack this conversation real quick just to say In n Out is the most overrated fast food joint.  Give me White Castle all day every day.

To be back on topic my five would be:

1. Ohio State
  2. Texas
  3. Alabama
  4. Hawaii
  5. USC

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+4 HS
KB3RG's picture

2004 class.

OSU: Urban, campus, great up fan of
Oregon: Beautiful facility, awesome cheerleaders, Nike heaven
LSU: Hear so many wonderful things of the campus
Texas: Great facilities, rich history
FSU: 

+2 HS
kgratz's picture

OSU- Hometown school, childhood favorite.

Bama- Can't argue with the success they've had in recruiting (chance to play with the best), on the field, and in the draft.

LSU- Les Miles and NFL draft

Florida State- good recruiting, great weather, girls, police is on your side.

USC- New coach, good recruiting, great weather, girls.

I'n the end i'd most likely sign with OSU however I wouldn't turn down 4 other free vacations.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

1. ASU - Weather. Girls. I like the coach.

2. U of Nevada Reno - Hometown. Chris Ault offenses were awesome and they put 2 and 3 stars in the NFL every year,

3. Berkley - I love the bay.  My favorite place I have ever lived.

4. Buckeyed - My Favorite team since my schooling there 2001 to 2005.

5. Washington - Just another great place to live.  Would be higher if Sark still there. Kills me that he went to USC.

That being said.  Im a slow 6'0" 160 lb white guy who bleeds Scarlett.  Id have no chance at any. And the only team I care about now is tOSU.

+2 HS
labuck's picture

OSU

ASU

FSU

Texas

USC

d1145fresh's picture

1. Ohio State

2. Arizona State (Parties people. Lots and lots of parties.)

3. Oregon

4. Texas

5. Michigan. This will be controversial but I would like to see what the enemy does. Plus I would go for the game and cheer when OSU won.

OSUpawn's picture

I would choose all the tough B10 games and tell UFM what I seen at practice.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

1. Florida Gulf Coast University
2. Hawaii
3. Texas A&M- Corpus Christi
4. UCLA
5. Michigan (for trolling purposes)
For the sake of my argument, I would be going for a basketball scholarship. I don't need to use an official on Ohio State cause I already know I'm committing there and I live close enough and have enough money to pay my own way. I would also leak information that Michigan was my leader until 100% of my Crystal Balls were in their favor and then break their hearts and commit to THE Ohio State University to make sure every UM fan hates me. Anything I can do to make the rivalry even more bitter, I'm happy to help.

+6 HS
buckeyebowhunter's picture

1. Ohio State

2. Florida State

3. Arizona State

4. Colorado

5. USC

IH8UOFM's picture

Ohio State -Grew up in Ohio. High School had a wall plastered with all the students that ended up at OSU. Its a way of life.

USC- Hollywood. California girls. Beaches. Yeah.

Boise State- Just to see the turf, then go home.

Michigan- Let me explain. Waste their resources, take a picture doing the O-H-I-O pose. In their defense, their campus is pretty amazing. Been on it many times.

UCF- Just to see the beaches and enjoy the atmosphere and scenery.

Zaphod Beeblebrox's picture

I don't like your michigan selection! Just kidding, although I have been to the Big Outhouse for a Buckeye road game just didn't care for the place.

exnwohiobuckfan's picture

If you want to see the beaches, don't visit UCF, it's in Orlando.

+4 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Ole Miss - Girls on welcome crew, scene, free money. 

Tenn - Girls on the welcome crew, free money. 

USC - Cali, scenery, song girls. 

Colorado - pretty wild welcome crew, weed. 

UGA - Coolest school I've ever visited. Great campus. Babes. 

Then I'd tell everyone I was a heavy Tenn lean and on signing day Id commit to OSU.  Urban would know all along. 

+3 HS

Boulder, CO. is too crowded.

RoyWalley's picture

1) Ohio State

2) Notre Dame

3) n/a

4) n/a

5) n/a

Would only have two schools that i would care to go to.

-2 HS
dsavoca77's picture

1. Ohio State during The Game

2.  Coastal Carolina (Love Myrtle Beach)

3. Penn State during their night game VS Ohio State ( Just to watch a Road Victory in a large stadium)

4.  Texas ( Could only imagine the food they would serve me)

5.  Oregon....Just to see what all the Hype is about

TheBadOwl's picture

Oregon's football player facility thing is absolutely mindblowing. I don't think I'd ever leave.

+1 HS
JasonR's picture

Ohio State - where I would commit in a second if I had an offer.

Arizona State - used to live in Tempe and they kind of became my unofficial second fav college team. Plus I have family there. Also, bad-ass uniforms.

Northwestern - because of the prospect of living in Chicago. And good academics I guess.

One FL school, probably UCF or Florida - would be close to my dad if I went down there.

Penn St. - For some reason I applied and was accepted there, so I guess I'd check it out. Hopefully I would be able to resist Franklin's snake oil!

bleedscarlet's picture

bama, auburn, lsu, miss st, ol miss

... just tryin to get paid ;)

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+10 HS
stittracer99's picture

Interesting topic. I would have taken my officials in the fall of '02, so here's where I think 17 year old me would have went:

1) Ohio State

2) Texas

3) Arizona

4) USC

5) Florida State

How_Firm_Thy_Friendship's picture
  • Ohio State 
  • Oregon
  • Florida
  • Alabama 
  • Texas

O-H-I-O

WhySoSerious's picture

Being from Cali I've seen Ucla, and USC. Been to Arizona, so my list would go Oregon, North Carolina, Florida St, Hawaii showed a me a lot of love, probably would have committed (real life) and Ohio St of course. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

Ohio State, Georgia Tech(actually where I want to go to college at the moment), Bama cuz there are some sweet beaches down there for after the visit, Clemson because it's my second favorite college football team (it kinda sucked watching the orange bowl), and ASU cuz one of my best friends lives out there

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I have a buddy who graduated from Georgia Tech recently, that is one hell of a school.

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

Yeah want to go for biomedical engineering so it better be lol

Tempe, AZ. is a great place. Mill Street has a little of everything.

+1 HS
allinosu's picture
  1. Ohio state
  2. Northwestern
  3. Iowa
  4. Michigan St.
js2378's picture

1. Hawaii

2. UCLA

3. Arizona State

4. FSU

5. Auburn (some cash is always nice)

Commit to OSU.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

1. Ohio State( would visit many times on unofficial visits as well) 

2. Oregon( To see the amazing facilities) 

3. UCLA ( Weather, Campus, Girls)

4. Stanford( Weather, Campus)

5. FSU( Girls, Weather, Great football program)

Would commit to OSU obviously.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

In descending order...

5. Florida - because they need help, actually Jax is a good town.

4. Texas - Food's probably good there

3. Arizona State - I don't have the grades for Stanford

2. Notre Dame - (just to really piss M...igan fans off)

1. Ohio State - Of course. I'd probably have a Twitter account, and would join Eleven Warriors so you idiots wouldn't Tweet me.

But then I'd announce early, say today, and enroll in January. Since my high school speed was anything but, I'd work with Coaches Mick and Hinton to bulk up and play TE. Problems solved.

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

CC's picture

Non - OSU Schools

ND

Alabama

Penn State

USC

Texas

-1 HS
e135800's picture

Washington

Oregon

USC

Cal

Wisc

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Man, a night game at Wisconsin would be insane.

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

1. Ohio State- Obviously.

2. Alabama- They are the it team right now, they also just have a strong rich tradition of football.

3.Notre Dame- I just want to visit there.  I do not hate Notre Dame, their brand is just so big.  Tocuhdown Jesus and everything.

4. Texas A&M- I always liked A&M.  I hate the longhorns, never liked them.  But I have rooted for Texas A&M.

5. USC- California, weather, football.

O-H!

hit_the_couch's picture

Texas A&M- I always liked A&M.  I hate the longhorns, never liked them.  But I have rooted for Texas A&M.

At least you're a Buckeye fan. BTW, Hook'em!

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

Northwestern

Harvard

Princeton

Duke

Stanford

I'll go to the beaches for spring break. The only time I'd ever step foot on an Ivy league campus would be for an OV.

Habu71's picture

Ohio State

Then the west coast swing

Washington 

Oregon 

UCLA

Hawaii

Citrus's picture

1. Ohio State

2. Texas -tradition, great academics and Austin is a great city

3. USC -for many of the same reasons as Texas

4. ASU - party school, good time to be had 

5. Stanford - dat prestige 

+1 HS
BucksFan2000's picture

We all complain about the bias, but I see a lot of southern schools listed here.  Weather and girls go a long way.  I'd say it's why the majority of B1G schools have so much trouble.

+3 HS
bodast67's picture

1. THE Ohio State

2. Florida State

3. Southern Miss.

4. Washington

5. Stanford

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

Danify's picture

1. The Ohio State University

2. Hawaii 

3. USC

4. Oregon (Must check out their awesome Nike facilities) 

5. Florida State (Obvious reasons...)

BierStube's picture

In no particular order

Michigan .. wearing OSU gear the whole time

Texas ... wearing Oklahoma gear the whole time

Oklahoma .. wearing Texas gear the whole time

Alabama .. wearing Auburn gear the whole time

Auburn .. wearing Alabama gear the whole time

On the day I am to pick my hat on national TV from the five above, I complete the total troll move, tip over the table and scream O-H .. to which I hear a rowdy I-O in reply!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well played Bier and to make things worse - tell Slick Nick saban the day before that I'm all in and he's got nothing to worry about. His head would be doing a 180 on commitment day.

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Ohio State

Wright State

Bowling Green

Ohio

Edison State"...................Keepin it in Ohio

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS

Speaking of keeping it in Ohio how about Akron U., Youngstown St., Mount Union, Rio Grande College, the College of Wooster?

scottyp_330's picture

Hmmm good idea for an article. I'd have to say:

1) Ohio State obviously
2) Arizona State
3) Florida State
4) Tennessee
5) USC

Alpo's picture

1) TOSU- duh

2) Uconn - home state school

3) San Diego St. - love that town

4) Hawaii - no explanation necessary

5) Appalachian ..... JK. Prob have to pick one of Oregon, Clemson, Texas, LSU or FSU.

AGAB's picture

1. OHIO STATE

2. UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

3. OREGON

4. STANFORD

5. UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS

RubixTube's picture

Skip the OSU official....livin' in Columbus w/season tix, I would be more into the unofficials at WHAC.

1.  LSU - fans are almost as rabid as Buckeye fans, attractive ladies, party atmosphere.

2.  USC - gotta look to the left coast once.

3.  Clemson - location, location, location

4.  UNC - loved their campus when I toured it in the 90's.  Have to assume it hasn't gotten worse.

5.  Northwestern - no other reason than the free trip to Chicago.

2 most important rules of successful businessmen:
1. Never share everything you know....

Posterchild's picture

Obviously; Ohio State gets a visit

I would then take visits to the following:

UCLA, sunny weather, beautiful campus, beautiful women. Get to go to LA for a weekend vacation.

University of Texas, Austin is a place I want to live. The campus, the women, the BBQ, the tradition. I could go on and on. It would be really hard to turn down.

University of Oregon; no real reason I would want to visit outside of seeing the facilities. But all the shots of Eugene look nice and the cheerleaders look pretty nice too.

Boston College; I've visited Boston many times. If I have the opportunity to move there for work, I would do it in a heartbeat. I love the vibe of the city and there is a huge Brazilian population there too, and I love me some Brazi girls. I went for a game to BC and while the team sucked, and the stadium wasn't special there was just something about the school that I was drawn too.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Notice the fig-thing Irish weren't on the list

+1 HS
OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

Interesting topic. For me, it would come down to the academics, position I played, prestige and stability of the program, and the coaching staff. So that being said, I was a safety in high school so I would choose...

-Ohio State
-Texas
-Georgia
-Oklahoma
-Alabama

TexasBuck11's picture

Ohio State

UCLA

Oregon

Hawaii

South Carolina

Poison nuts's picture

Good Thread! I'd say my list would be:

1. OSU - Born on campus, grew up playing football & dreamed of playing there.

2. Cal - Love SF Bay area

3. Stanford - See above

4. Clemson - Greenville is a really beautiful place, as is the campus

5.FSU - Love me some crab legs!

Honorable mention:  ASU & Texas

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

sox33osu's picture

Greenville is 45 minutes from Clemson though. 

Poison nuts's picture

More like a 1/2 hour, but either way I could have said that better...I just meant it's cool place near the very beautiful campus.

+1 HS
Damonbuckeye's picture

1. tOSU NUFF SAID.

2. Arizona State the ladies party hard and are easy

3. Oregon Nike money

4. Alabama

5. Texas again the ladies..

otrain2416's picture

I'd Google hottest college girls and nicest weather and see where that would take me.

Seattle Linga's picture

Do they play American Football in Spain?

hobochops987's picture

ASU, FSU, USC, OREGON, OSU

Trust in UFM

redfox's picture

1. Ohio State 2. Tennessee 3. South Carolina 4. West Virginia 5. LSU

MarylandPride's picture

1.) Maryland (home state school)

2,) Florida St.

3) Clemson

4,) USC

5.) Hawaii (My alma mater. I wouldn't choose them for athletics but there are other reasons.....)

TheVictoryBell45's picture

1. Ohio State- duh.

2. USC- just to visit so cal. 

3. Texas- I'd like to check out Austin. 

4. Oregon- I'd like to visit the Pacific northwest. 

5. LSU. 

Jordan Wagner's picture

1. Ohio State - obvious reasons. 

2. Kentucky - I respect how hard their staff is recruiting Ohio. A lot of hype. 

3. Tennessee - Only for the Twitter followers. (Maybe I'll get a day named after me like Torrance Tuesday?)

4. Michigan - trolling purposes similar to what Chris Clark did. 

5. Florida - get to listen to Will Muschamp's recruiting pitch which includes Urban Meyer's national championships in Gainsville. 

OSU069's picture

Lol Torrance Tuesday... Tennessee fans are so desperate.

+1 HS
Eph97's picture

OSU - favorite team

Alabama - for the $EC bagman's goods, to see Satan in person

Oregon - to see the palace built with Nike money

Arizona St. - hottest girls on an FBS campus

Texas - cool town, hot cheerleaders, historic program

bigDbuck's picture

1. Auburn - meet sec bag men, get paid and laid.

2. Alabama - same as above

3. Tennessee - got cash but something else as well. Taking cash from bag man to see dr

4. Lsu - have to talk to miles, and recoup cash

5. Osu, commit. 

bigDbuck's picture

1. Auburn - meet sec bag men, get paid and laid.

2. Alabama - same as above

3. Tennessee - got cash but something else as well. Taking cash from bag man to see dr

4. Lsu - have to talk to miles, and recoup cash

5. Osu, commit. 

1MechEng's picture

1.) tOSU - the "local" Engineering School

2.) Cal-Berkeley - Top 5 Engineering School

3.) Stanford - Good school with the Cali perks ... but a really great robotics program.

4.) Harvard - just for the name and the campus history.

5.) Notre Dame - Academics, history, and I'd have been a legacy.

In reality, I had a few small D2/D3 schools look at me for swimming, but I ended up on academic scholarship at a small NAIA school for 2 years before transferring to OSU and getting my BSME. Then, for giggles, I got a Masters of Engineering from Case Western in Cleveland. I can actually say I'm a Buckeye and a Spartan, and I'm proud of both!

-1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

I don't think one can take an official visit to Harvard; they don't offer football schollies and they're D1AA.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Unless they have changed the rules, you can take OV's to the Ivies (and presumably other 1AA's--do they use that term anymore?), but you are correct in that they do not offer athletic scholarships.

Italics are for emphasis.

Fly Patterns's picture

1. CU Boulder
2. Memorial stadium
3. Norman
4. West point
5. Columbus- to visit The Closer.

cdub4's picture

Ohio State....grew up in Ohio

Alabama...3 titles last 5 years

FSU...won the last championship

LSU... good program right now

Texas... love to see their campus

BassDropper's picture

West Virginia, Hawai, Arizona Asta6te

DIRECTIONER

hit_the_couch's picture

Hawaii- Good surfing, great beaches

Texas- Austin is probably the most amazing city I have ever lived in and would love to move back to after graduation

Miami(Fl)- Nice beaches, decent weather

tOSU- Home; grew up a couple miles from tOSU.

UCF- Close to Cocoa and arguably the best surf on the east coast.

+1 HS
bgsubuckeye's picture

If I were the #1 recruit in the nation and from Ohio

Unofficial my junior year to OSU and silent commit to Urban and only him and tell him to please keep it silent. Only my parents and him would know and I would play it off to everyone, even closest friends who are die-hard OSU fans that I am not interested. I would then tell all reporters that something felt wrong on the visit and I would not be considering them. All the creeps on every recruiting site for OSU would be up in flames saying how bad I suck blah blah, and I would laugh at them knowing how bad I am trolling them (the twitter comments would be great as well). I would then visit Michigan and a couple of other B1G schools a couple times, get my paychecks from the SEC schools. After a couple of visits to Michigan I would tell reporters I almost committed. Before my officials I would say this is my top five in order, and my five officials.

1. Michigan

2. Alabama

3. FSU

4. USC

5. LSU

Then after the visits, I would still say Michigan leads, and wait for my in-home visits with the coaches. The Under-Armour game is where I would decide, and have hats on the tables. As it is time for me to decide I would thank Jabrill Peppers for helping me through the process, and when asked what was my favorite thing during the whole process I would say a bar-B-Que I went to on a visit. Then I would get ready to choose and say one second please, walk behind the curtain and grab a bag then walk back to the table flip it over and pull out an OSU hat and wear it damn proud. I would flip off everyone there and yell F%^& You SEC and you to ESPN, and would then tell Michigan to start lubing themselves for November. Then say that Brady Hoke offered me $50,000 dollars and would que the fireworks to start shooting off in the stadium I secretly set up. Would then leave the stadium during the game and go immediately to these boards to see everyones reaction.

Edit: I would also spend the $50,000 dollars Hoke gave me on tissues to be sent to Ann Arbor so everyone can have something to wipe their tears with. 

+1 HS
mobboss1984's picture

1. Osu - Would love to play for Urban 

2. Alabama - Nick Saban is the truth

3. Notre Dame - Great Academics and atmosphere

4. Lsu - They have the best football atmosphere in college football

5. USC or Stanford - West coast weather and Stanford academics are top notch

The only one that is a lock would be between Osu and Standford

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

Stefan_wannie's picture

I would not use one for the Buckeyes cause I would be committing there so I would take unofficial visits there all the time. 

so mine would go. 

1.) USC. Cali, ocean beaches, girls, warm weather 

2.) Bama. They win, and there are some good looking girls there too. 

3.) Texas. History, winning Nd the fans are die hard. 

4.) FSU. Same reasons for USC 

5.) UCLA. I like there colors and it's Cali. 

stefan_wannie

Gametime's picture

See while we've got peeps going for weather and chicks, I would be in it solely for the football. Growing up in Ohio, I've got a great appreciation for all seasons (even winter to some degree) and college campuses have hotness everywhere if you know where to look. So yea my OVs would go as follows:

1) The Ohio State University - OV for "The Game" at the Shoe.

2) Florida State - OV for a showdown with the Gators at FSU.

3) Stanford - OV for a showdown with USC or Oregon at Stanford.

4) LSU -  OV for showdown against Alabama at LSU.

5) Texas - OV for the Red River Rivalry at UT.

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

Keith Byars is the man's picture

Newbie here but this thread got me thinking. Back in the day my 5 visits would have been

1. The Ohio State University-enough said

2. Miami-liked rooting for the bad guys vs Notre Dame

3. Florida State-loved the tomahawk chop

4. USC-weather beaches

5. Oklahoma-loved the wishbone 

today I would pick

1. OSU

2. USC

3. Oregon-love to see the Nike facilities

4. FSU

5. LSU-night game

Nothing is Impossible!!!

KingsRite's picture

1. Ohio State

2. Alabama

3. USC

4. Oregon

5. Texas

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

Earle's picture

In no particular order:

Youngstown State -- respect for Tressel (sure he's not the coach, but I gotta believe he'd spare a few minutes for a big hypothetical recruit)

Michigan State -- respect for Dino

Michigan  -- would love to hear Hoke's pitch

LSU -- ditto for the Mad Hatter

Ohio State -- obviously the final choice, and couldn't turn down an OV 

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
sb97's picture

Ohio State

Wisconsin (They have had a great game day atmosphere ever since the 90s)

Texas (Lots of good things going on in the city of Austin even if the team is struggling)

Oregon

Not sure for the last.  Cadidates MSU (IF I Played D), PSU, Stanford, USC,

+1 HS
JTACbuckeye's picture

1. arizona state

2. washington

3. oregon

4. texas

5. florida atlantic university or florida international

...then commit to ohio state

The strong will stand, the weak will fall by the wayside.  100% and then some!

TheBadOwl's picture

Some of these replies about saying Michigan is your leader but being a silent commit to OSU the whole time are hilariously douchey, but if you'd really play out your recruiting process like that, you should probably never criticize a kid for "not being classy" or "being a diva"

Brutus1972's picture

OSU- Home team, USC, Ole Miss, Fl State, Texas.

AngryWoody's picture

1. Ohio State

2. Waffle House

3. Waffle House

4. Waffle House

5. Waffle House

Our Honor Defend!

Groveport_Buckeye's picture

1. Hawaii

2. USC

3. Miami

4. Texas

5. UNLV

TOSU would be the pick all along. The other trips would be for free vacations.

+1 HS
hardkorethree's picture

1. Ohio State- Grew up dreaming about donning the scarlet and grey, running down the tunnel, forming the Hive, and playing against Michigan.

2. USC- Visit So Cal, Hang out with the ladies, while taking in a big time college football game.

3. Oregon- Tour of the facilities, I bet they have some good looking ladies on campus as well.

4. Florida State University-  I grew up hating the Tomahawk chop, but it's starting to grow on me now.  The history, current appeal of the program, the ladies.

5. University of Tennessee- Take my dad who is a mild volunteer fan to a game down there.

+1 HS