Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Hernandez on CNN.

bigDbuck's picture
June 24, 2014 at 9:41pm
17 Comments

Love UFM, but this doesn't look good. Not something that will be tolerated at OSU under Meyer for sure. Part of me wonders if his team did overrun. 

OSU069's picture

Right because everything players do off the field is their college coach's fault. Give me a break.

+5 HS
bigDbuck's picture

I hear ya. But I imagine they know a lot, or should. Unsolved murder in Gainesville. I know Meyer would never put up with that, but I'm thinking that team was out of control and caused urban to get out. 

-8 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It is if it's *ichigan or the SEC!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

TraSmith4's picture

Ahhh man I didn't want to rant today but I have to be honest I am extremely effing tired of listening to this from ignorant people! If you read other message boards across the country mostly SEC whenever Urban's name comes up they immediately mention Hernadez. It's just pathetic! The fact is that Urban is not his damn father or mother! Every coach has bad apples and Urban had his share just like every other coach has but because this one guy out of thousands of guys who has played under Urban became a seriously horrible human being is somehow Urban's fault just blows my mind!

Shouldn't we be blaming Bill Belichick and his high school coaches even more since most of his indiscretions happened under them and not when Urban was doing everything he could to save him!?!? No because it's just complete and utter ignorance! Using this pathetic logic! Should we then also blame John McKay because OJ became a murderer??? If that's the case then we should blame the owner of a company every time an employee goes out and commits a crime after work! We should blame Woody Hayes for the piece of crap Art Schlister became! We should blame Jim Tressel because Clarrett committed armed robbery! We should blame the Postmaster General every time a postal worker goes nuts! We should blame every military general when a soldier becomes a traitor! We should blame the school principal and congress every time there is a shooting! We should blame Phil Jackson and Sparky Anderson for Pete Rose and Michael Jordan becoming addicted to gambling! The fact is that Urban tried to save the kid!!!.. unfortunately there are some people in life who just can't be saved! Enough with this bullshit already! If you want to talk Hernandez than talk Hernandez but leave Urban out of it and instead start blaming the only people who deserve to be blamed... the individuals who commit these horrible acts!!!! Blame their parents or home life whatever I don't care but stop blaming those who tried to help them but couldn't!!!

+17 HS
SilverState's picture

Urban?

Kidding aside, well said.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Absolutely right Tra. Urban and his family had this kid come to bible study and family dinners and put a lot of effort into helping the young man ,WTF did Bill do to help the kid? Its a cheap easy out and anyone using it needs smacked right in their face for a wake up call.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
Qujo's picture

I kinda always thought verbal assault was the same as physical assault. So if someone purposely assaults someone verbally that eventually tears at their mental state and over time breaks them down (whether they show it or not). So I am with you. Punching a few douche bags in the face multiple times just because they are 1) a douche, 2) their smugness ,3) say very stupid things, and lastly actually believes we will believe their bullshit comments ( I guess some do since someone started this thread in the first place) should be open to public flogging and face planted into hard objects repeatedly. Verbal assault or character assassination is tolerated because of "freedom of speech" but it has never stopped me from taking revenge of the verbal assaulter when I felt it was necessary.  Frankly is is a bit therapeutic for me. I guess the continued wussification of America has kinda put me in the Dirty Harry category.   

"Tough times don't last, tough people do" - Gregory Peck

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Oh, well that's good news that UFM will not tolerate murder at OSU. 

Ridiculous. 

Why doesnt Meyer get credit for what a good person Tebow is/was?  If he gonna catch shit for Hernandez, he better get praise for Tebow. 

+9 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Unless I'm mistaken, Aaron Hernandez was an adult while attending UF, and responsible for his own actions.

Man commits (allegedly...for the moment) a crime, and society wants to blame his football coach?

I'll never presume myself intelligent, but there's plenty of folks reaching for stupid out there.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+6 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

100% agree.

I've got a revolutionary idea, let's actually hold ADULTS responsible for their own actions! Let's not excuse the actions of grown man who had $40 million, a child, and the child's mother to consider before committing these acts. There are REAL victims in these alleged crimes, and guess what, they're not Aaron Hernandez, college football, or the Patriots!

Get a life!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+4 HS
cdub4's picture

I think he was a minor when he was in trouble at UF, at least the two times his freshman year.

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

He was 17 when he enrolled at UF. That's true. However, he was an adult when he shot two men for bumping into him accidentally while dancing, and executing a man simply for knowing about it.

+1 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I don't think he meant "adult" in the legal sense of the word. I think we can all agree that a 17 year old human being should be aware of his/her actions, know right from wrong, and take responsibility without the need for blame to be assigned to people around them.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

dude killed 2 people because they accidentally spilled a drink on him at a club. thats scary, because you know he's not the only person like that. watch who you bump in to people.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Sociopaths are dangerous not so much for what they do but for the fact they keep that side to them hidden so well. Theyre normal, charming and appear to be good. Monster deep within and so forth. Nobody can blame Meyer for anything. This is nothing more than Florida sportswriter butthurt witch hunting.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

Your first problem is that you're watching CNN.

+2 HS
WayCraKen's picture

Hernandez was always a bad apple and had several incidents in college. Normal is 3x and your out. Hernandez had issues that went far beyond. Todays Urban would not consider recruiting a Hernandez. Its too hard on ones health.