Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Stephen Collier

WesPatterson23's picture
June 11, 2014 at 3:52pm
7 Comments

Just wanted to see what you guys think about him and his role in the next couple of years. From what I see on Twitter and what I've heard from spring practice he seems like a great guy. He's a hard worker; normally the last one to leave practice. And as most of you have probably seen he has gotten a lot bigger. I feel like down the road in two or three years he could be a starter for this team. I hate to build expectation, but I feel like his game could be very similar to Tim Tebow's. Not extremely fast, but mobile, very strong, good passer (although he didn't really make it in the pro's he made some amazing throws in college and threw it pretty well overall). So, hopefully Stephen can be the next great Buckeye QB (And I still think JT and Cardale and even Joey Burrow can also be very good)

MacG91's picture

QBs become great with hard work. Smart, athletic and determined, he will be a valuable asset in a few years. 

Mac..yeah

JDunc686's picture

Could become a Heisman winner, could be a solid backup, thats the beauty of watching it all play out.

+6 HS
bodast67's picture

Having so many skilled players in so many positions....

#Buckeyeproblems

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

In just a few months I went from thinking he was going to be a good backup, to believing he could be really good starting QB for Ohio State.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

otrain2416's picture

I'm curious how the 2015 season QB will turn out. Many expected JT Barrett to step up and take control of the backup role, which hasn't happened yet and is frustrating when in state guys Mitch Trubisky and Malik Zaire had outstanding spring games at their respective programs. JT not seizing the backup role yet definitely leaves the door open for a guy like Collier to make noise if he develops quick and Cardale Jones doesn't progress either. Either way the 2015 QB battle should be fun to watch!

+1 HS
seafus26's picture

We have the athletes. The next year and a half will show which one worked harder, is the toughest and has the most smarts.

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

Oldschoolbuck's picture

I really liked this kid from the get-go - smart, hard worker, great family, good size, tremendous up-side, and most of all: he really wanted to be a Buckeye!

+1 HS