Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Urban's golf swing (Help me Kostis)

JLBNYC's picture
June 2, 2014 at 11:24am
8 Comments

Wasnt sure if this had been posted - Peter Kostis analyzing Urban's swing from Sunday's Memorial broadcast. I also realize this isnt really football related, but he is hitting the ball off of the practice field turf in the end zone!

BierStube's picture

He did not come here to play school golf!  Not too shabby though!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+1 HS
d1145fresh's picture

The first thing I thought of though when I saw this was I hope that actually wasn't a 7-iron. He only has 120 yards of the field and then he is putting a golf ball on the baseball field or track. Hopefully there wasn't anyone out there because it looked like he made decent contact.

osu07asu10's picture

A few times back in the early 00s, we used to hit balls off the top of C deck in the North end zone over into South stands  below the scoreboard. It is as fun as it sounds...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

I wonder if Urban's divots are the real reason behind replacing the turf?

+2 HS
LouGroza's picture

Urban must have been hitting a little knock down 7 as that shot did not get up in the air at all. Had to get it under the wind, yeah let's say that. Golf, what a head game.

DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

First thing I noticed was he doesn't interlock (over even overlap for that matter) his two hands. For someone who preaches fundamentals so much, he has himself in a touch position to start. Every instructional video out there says it all starts with your grip!

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I'm a pretty good golfer with a pretty terrible grip. You can overcome something like that. For me, it's a bad habit from my youth that has formed too much muscle memory to mess with now. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Here is me and the crew at the annual outing

+3 HS