Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Bosa out in two?

TheNorthernBuckeye's picture
May 9, 2014 at 1:15pm
24 Comments

Poses and interesting question.  How long do you guys think he'll be around? I would love to see him stay in Columbus for a senior year and play with his little brother.

brandonbauer87's picture

I can never fault a guy for having lofty goals. If you're good enough to go after 3 years, and that's what you want, go for it. 

+11 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

he is gone after 3 total years! I don't see him sticking around for a fourth, even for his brother. He will be so highly sought after.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+5 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Wondering how long your true freshman beast defensive end plays? #BuckeyeProblems

+11 HS
mh277907's picture

First rounder next year if he were allowed to leave. Definitely gone after his junior year unless he really, really wants to play with his brother. It is very tough to turn down the NFL when you are a sure-fire first rounder, though. My guess is that we get to watch him for 2 more years and then get to watch his brother for 3 years after that.

buckeyebobcat

+3 HS
BoFuquel's picture

If you can get a professional contract, take it and never look back, but save your money you're gonna need it. GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

OSU069's picture

Barring a major injury, there is no almost no chance that Joey Bosa stays for his senior season. He would probably be drafted in the first round next year if he were allowed to declare. By his junior year, he will probably be projected in the top 15. 

BroJim's picture

I think I remember his family (father) having a 3 year plan in place. Read it on here somewhere. . . Maybe 11W staff can help us.

I season my simple food with hunger

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

He has 2 years of football left at tOSU. Will be a top 5 pick in the 2016 draft mark it down. My sharpies broke.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Big Bear Bosa will probably go pro after his Junior year.  We'll reload with another Bosa though.

+1 HS
Buckeye06's picture

If the kid continues to improve, or at least stay where he is, he can be there.  Right now, I hope he is back in the gym getting better, and worrying about next season as opposed to 3 from now

+2 HS
THEOSUfan's picture

If you are a 1st rounder after your junior year, there is no financial or pro football upside to staying around another year.  It just gives you the chance to get injured, or have a low production season - both of which could cost you literally millions of dollars.  Plus, these draft analysts and media types have another year to nitpick you to death.  Staying 4 and graduating is a big deal, but 1st round money is life-changing.  It can literally set you and your kids up for life.  Maybe the grandkids too.  If that money is there now, you better take it because it might not be there at all or in the same amount later.

But as a fan, I wish everyone were Mike Doss.  He wasn't considered a huge pro prospect, but there was money on the table, yet he came back to win a national championship, and I have always thought the magic of the NC season began with that decision.

d5k's picture

Not to downplay Doss (but I will do so anyway), but lots of guys do the same thing every year and leave money on the table because they are 20-21 and impressionable and not thinking about their long term financial security.  Very few of them are lucky enough to win a title AND get drafted higher.  Most have disappointing seasons relative to the hype and then lose money in the draft.  If you are a first round pick you should go.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Damn OSU always produces really good collegiate Defensive Lineman!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Hovenaut's picture

Whenever #97 is drafted, I seriously doubt we'll see a Twit TweederFAIL tweet from an opposing lineman from the north declaring he successfully blocked Bosa.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+4 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

+1 for the weasel fan running rampant with the DV's

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Paying it forward, brother...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+4 HS
rdubs's picture

I would love every OSU player to play 3 years and get drafted in the first round.  Not realistic (especially for OLinemen), but I will never be mad at a dude for going pro early.  That is what we should all be hoping for.

+1 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

Yeah, I gotta agree with everyone. Enjoy the ride while he's in S&G even if it's only for 3 years. Especially if he can get some crystal in his hands...

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

Northbrook's picture

He was beat up after his frosh year, played hurt and was a warrior for us. I hope we play a deep rotation his next two years and he has plenty left for a long and productive pro career.

DJ Byrnes's picture

I have a better chance of being drafted tonight than Joey Bosa does playing his senior year.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

gosolow2000's picture

So wishing I could upvote this comment.

thatlillefty's picture

that's pretty good odds, because you're terrible #DJISANANCY

vitaminB's picture

When I was 12 I was seriously dissapointed I didn't get a 7th round look.  I thought for sure I saw at least 2 scouts in the park that winter.

d5k's picture

Did Jay Glazer get drafted by the Browns?  I guess they still have many more picks.  I know he technically said #4 overall but it still seems ridiculous since they ultimately picked JFF.