Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Kiper Giving El Guapo Some Love

SavannahBuck's picture
April 29, 2014 at 1:58pm
22 Comments
WhySoSerious's picture

Hyde is a beast. Nothing more nothing less. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
SavannahBuck's picture

Agree. I can't wait to see him run someone over in the NFL.

Danify's picture

Hopefully with an Browns' jersey on. 

+3 HS
Earle's picture

The Browns will not draft Carlos, but I hear they're going to give Ricky Williams a tryout.

Just say no to italics abuse.

-1 HS
m5987usus's picture

VY and Williams in the backfield?  Got to love the browns!!! lol

O-H!

Earle's picture

Only slightly more outrageous than Young.  I was going to go with Marcus Dupree, but thought that might be going back a little too far.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+2 HS
bedheadjc's picture

That's an amazing book. Best overall picture of the South outside of Faulkner. IMHO.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Ki-Jana Carter and Lawrence Phillips are available from what I understand.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Bugsyk's picture

Looks and Brains!  A double threat guy!

IH8UOFM's picture

Is Mo Wells still on the waiver wire?

TheBadOwl's picture

I can't see the Browns picking a first-round running back after signing Tate.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Danify's picture

From what I've heard and seen on Mock Drafts (I know that doesn't mean much) it looks like El Guapo could be there at Cleveland's #35 pick.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I hope he runs over someone with an Browns' jersey on too.

+1 HS
Buckeye4life23's picture

Hoping the Bengals pick him up.  Him and Bernard in the same backfield would be fun to watch!

Muck Fichigan that is all.

+4 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

I agree, and they could get more mileage out of a position that's usually unforgiving. Unfortunately, I don't see El Guapo slipping to the bottom of the second round.

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

If the Bengals  have a high enough grade on him which is very likely I think they would have to move up in to the first 15 picks of the second round to grab him. They will almost certainly take a power back in the 1st four rounds and hopefully it will be Hyde. Also going to be very interesting to see what they do if one of the QBs fall all the way to them that maybe they had graded as a top 5 pick.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Buckeye4life23's picture

I agree they would have to move up in the second round to get Hyde.  Shazier with the first pick I would fully support as well.  Him and Burfict would be tackling machines in that second level.

Muck Fichigan that is all.

Silver Bullet 10's picture

1st Round Pick (#4 Overall): Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

1st Round Pick (#26 Overall from IND): Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State

2nd Round Pick (#35 Overall): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State

3rd Round Pick (#71 Overall): Jack Mewhort, OT, Ohio State

3rd Round Pick (#83 Overall from PIT): Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor

4th Round Pick (#106 Overall): A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama

4th Round Pick (#127 Overall from IND): Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor

5th Round Pick (#145 Overall): Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama

6th Round Pick (#180 Overall): Vinnie Sunseri, SS, Alabama

7th Round Pick (#218 Overall): Christian Bryant, FS, Ohio State

iBuckeye's picture

I'd take this every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

AirForceNUT's picture

I would shit rainbows and happiness if these were the Browns picks.

Danify's picture

Add Sammy Watkins as #4 (If available), Khalil Mack (If Watkins isn't available) or Jake Matthews (If Watkins and Mack isn't available). As much as I would love to have Ryan Shazier on the Browns, if we didn't take an QB for the #4 pick Bridgewater, Carr, and Bortles could be ripe for the picking at #26. Keep Hyde as #35 as I don't trust Tate and his injury record.

Take Pierre Desir at #71 (6'1" | 200) from DII school Lindenwood, but has outstanding size, toughness, and arm length (vital for AFC North receivers) or Philip Gaines (Rice | 6'0" | 200) great movement skills and has shown the ability to blanket opposing receivers at times. Keep Cyril Richardson @ #83. Along with A.J. McCarron @ #106.

Switch out Lache Seastrunk as Dion Lewis, Ben Tate, and Carlos Hyde is enough depth for RB. Add Shayne Skov (if available) or Max Bullough, both are ideal candidates to add depth inside with Dansby. Going back to the DII ranks, switch out at #145 Kevin Norwood for Jeff Janis (Saginaw Valley State | 6'3" | 215) speedy (4.42 - 40 time), who runs great routes, and has an outstanding work ethnic. After that, I'm fine with everything else.

"Wild Card" Pick - 4th round (2nd pick) - Loucheiz Purifoy (CB) Florida (5'11" | 190) Has potential of first round skills.

SilverState's picture
+1 HS