Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Braxton Reported to be Sidelined all Spring

Go1Bucks's picture
March 5, 2014 at 2:07am
4 Comments

Reports of Braxton Miller being unable to play any Spring ball:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ohio-state-quarterback-b...

Hope it turns out that he still does get snaps, however, at least we know he knows the playbook.  I agree and have stated in other threads that he definitely needs to read the D and progress through check downs before taking off.  Am hoping that his offseason work will allow him to speed up the mental process of the position.  Definitely looking forward to a new season with him behind center and hopefully leading OSU to the NC.

KBonay's picture

Says it all.  Physically, he has the tools.  Time to sharpen the mental pencil.

Tom Herman stressed that Miller can continue to improve on the “mental side of playing quarterback” moving forward, much like he did in 2013.“He can still get a whole lot better,”

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Funny thing though.  I wonder why at the beginning of last season, he seemed to have that sharp mental pencil, but by the end of the season, he couldn't find the sharpener.  What do you think caused the lack of focus? Something seemed off, especially in the B1G Championship.

Go Bucks!

buckeyestu's picture

Brax will be just fine. He has room for improvement and is one the top quarterbacks playing ball next year. I am hoping he takes enough time off to let his shoulder heal, if he starts throwing too soon, I fear he has shoulder trouble the entire season.

Gray Box's picture

Brax on the side: 

+1 HS