Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Micky Marroti

BassDropper's picture
February 14, 2014 at 7:03pm
52 Comments

Deserves every penny of he earns

not sure how to embed, but here is the link
From left to right: Curtis Grant, Cam Williams, Josh Perry, Doran Grant, Joe Burger (behind Grant), Raekwon McMillan, Cam Burrows, Craig Fada (in front of Burrows), Devan Bogard, Eli Apple, Noah Spence, Vonn Bell, Chris Carter (laying down)
Chris Carter owes Maroti a thank you card for saving his life. Dude is looking good! Vonn Bell looks much bigger than I imagined, he's bent down, but he still looks tall. Bogard looks to have added some serious weight.

Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks for posting Bassdropper - those boys are so ripped - now the coaches have to make sure they are all heading in the same direction or is that in the One Direction..........oops no it's same direction sorry.

+7 HS
BassDropper's picture

Here are more photos.

Defense Pic #2

Devan Bogard, Noah Spence, and Chris Carter 

I still can't get over Carter's transformation. A lot of thought he wouldn't make it in college because he was so big and thought to be lazy. Just shows what Marioti can do. I'm hoping Chris can get time at DT. He looks like Phil taylor. 

Random note: could you imagine what Micky would have done to Jonathon Hankins if he had him for more than 1 offseason? 

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Carter looks like Mark Henry. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

BassDropper's picture

Still getting used to the site, is there directions on how to embed so I can put the pics in the OP

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Echo this.  A brief pinned tutorial on pics, vids, gifs and tweets would be very helpful.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

DJ Byrnes's picture

Instagram can't be embedded into comments, because you can't access the source. What I did was merely take a screen capture of the image, threw it up on Imgur, and posted it here.

As for YouTube, GIFs, and Tweets, it's all very simple in this new system.

GIFs: When you have located your GIF, you can simply right click (or dual click if you're on a Chromebook/Macbook, w/e) and select "Copy Image URL." Once you have that, you come into the comment editor: 

For GIFs, the picture icon, located on the far left here is what you want. It will give you this screen:

Just paste the URL into the URL slot, hit "OK" and the comment hub will automatically do the coding for you. Your GIF will appear in the comments.

YouTube videos are just as easy. See the Youtube icon in the bar above (second from the right?) It gives you a screen like this:

Just copy/paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to embed, and hit OK. We'll handle the rest of the code.

Tweets are probably the trickiest, but they're still quite easy. Find the tweet you want to embed:

See that "... More" tab near the bottom? Next to "Favorite"? Click that and you'll get this dropdown menu. Click "Embed Tweet" it will give you something that looks like this:

Copy that code text. Then come back to the 11W comment hub and click on the twitter bird, on the far right of the previously mentioned toolbar. Paste the code in like so:

Hit OK and BEHOLD:

Although, it should be noted, if the tweet youre trying to embed comes from an account that's locked, you won't have the option to embed it. 

It's all pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it. If you guys are still having trouble, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

southbay's picture

Is that DPRK tweet real?  Wow.

DJ Byrnes's picture

Yes the DPRK tweet is very real. Probably one of my favorite follows on Twitter, tbh. Absolutely bizarre. I also love their syntax.

DJ Byrnes's picture

Welcome to the dark side, Kareem.

Whoa Nellie's picture

Thank you DJ! 

Are regular pics handled the same as .gifs?  No uploading, just URL?

Any way you could save your post somewhere easily accessible for future reference for new (or forgetful) members?

Thx, again.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

Yes, regular images are the same as well.

Next time I talk to Jason in the principal's office I'll bring it up. Sure seems to be a demand.

Whoa Nellie's picture

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I never tried to upload a GIF before - so now that I can it's a whole new world for me. THANKS

+4 HS
BassDropper's picture
-1 HS
Crimson's picture

You don't need to test it; we all know you love One Direction.  Also, please take out all of that empty space.  Thank you.

+1 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

Awesome information! Now....... Where do I locate these GIF's?

"I'm having a heart attack!"

Seattle Linga's picture

I created a post yesterday where I was asking for different web sites for the best gifs. Business Insider had some very good sports gifs but what I found was... if you type what your looking for in any search engine - you'll have all the sites to choose from - enjoy.

PittBuckeye's picture

Needs Brax sliding in a la Wesley Snipes

+8 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

*Willy Mays Hayes. "I play like Mays, and I run like Hayes."

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Carter lookin thick and solid. 

Marcelys Jones will be the next to get the Mariotti treatment.

+2 HS
GABuckeye's picture

Their​ abs look almost as good as mine!!!

+3 HS
BuckeyeNation_330's picture

I'd love to workout in these facilities, that's a great weight room. 

"Bleed Scarlet, Die Gray"

+5 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Yeah, that's nice. 100 or so guys and all that. It's definitely much better than a public gym that over signs members and has maybe 1 cage. These kids are definitely spoiled.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Well, you don't have to worry about oversigning at Planet Fitness, because there are no lunks and no judgments.

+4 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

There might not be any lunks, but have you ever been there between 4:30PM and 7:00PM?  Plenty of idiots who have absolutely no idea what they're doing standing around the smith machines socializing and just taking up space.....not to mention parking spots.  I love the people who have like 35% body fat laying around like beached whales trying to do crunches.  I like PFIT....but they DEFINITELY over sign.  Haha.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

Ashtabula's picture

If I looked like some of those guys I'd never wear a shirt.  I'd go to the store, to work, even to church without a shirt.  Impressive...as I sit in my recliner typing on a Saturday afternoon.

+8 HS
DCBucki's picture

So you'd be an older version of Justin Bieber?? Walk into Starbucks and say,

Shirtless Ashtabula: "Yo, get me a skinny mocha frapp, no whip! Check out my abs, Dats what up"

Starbucks employee: "You need a shirt, no shirt, no service!"

Shirtless Ashtabula: "What you talking about baby, it would  be a sin to cover up this magnificent 6 pack!"

Stabucks Employee: "Get out, no shirt, no service"

Shirtless Ashtabula: (Yelling) "Your just jealous of my body and my washboard... (turns and sees a man approaching him) Oh, whats up Braxton.

"SLAP!!!"

Shirtless Ashtabula: Ouch... why you gotta do that Braxton?? I just wanted a skinny moch frapp, no whip!!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

Earle's picture

Do they even lift?

Italics are for emphasis.

+8 HS
daytonbuckeye1983's picture

I'm guessing a combination of power walking, jazzercise, and a rigorous shake weight routine

+5 HS
Crimson's picture

This is not the video you were looking for.

Edit:  I forgot that you included shake weight.  Recognize The Gateway?

+4 HS
bull1214's picture

wth did I just watch?! I couldn't take my eyes off the camel toe and not for good reasons....

+2 HS
bull1214's picture

wth did I just watch?! I couldn't take my eyes off the camel toe and not for good reasons....

-2 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

That's no camel toe. It's a moose knuckle!

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Oh yes it is! Thank you. Prancercise is an extremely grueling workout regimen. Don't knock it until you try it. This may be what TTUN's football team uses to get their results. She's far more advanced than the TTUN football team, though. She's got ankle weights.

Seattle Linga's picture

That was one bad car wreck but i couldn't stop the video - so wrong on many different levels

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I've never been able to go more than 2 minutes into the Prancercise Trot. It's just way too advanced for me.

southbay's picture

Carter was looking good last season, sounds like he is continuing to stick with the program, assuming these photos are recent.  They must be, Raekwon is in them.  Good news.

LJS will have plenty of talent to work with, should be interesting.  I think the Buckeyes will maybe have the best defensive line in the country if everyone is healthy.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

"maybe?"

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
southbay's picture

You're right, there is none better, and I can't to see them play again.

+1 HS
moopdawg's picture

Silver Bullets, huh?  Alright then, they better back it up and not just look the part.

+4 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

Beast Mode OSU style!! 

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

It's not hard to look like that with athletic DNA, which much of it is just having the right DNA, nutrition and hitting the weight stacks. Trainers and their staff, are pretty much a dime a dozen, all certified by pretty much the same governing body, and have access to the same info.

It's good these kids are hitting it hard, but don't look any different from any other major D1A program.

+3 HS
iBuckeye's picture

Buzz Killington over here.....

+9 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

"Cut me Mick"

You get what you ask for.

+1 HS
jBarnes's picture

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”  ― Douglas Adams

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Keith was still very unsure whether Mo actually stole the ball back. Talk about the emotional swing in a ten second snapshot.

jBarnes's picture
Seriously Cute!

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”  ― Douglas Adams