Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

When are Captains announced?

AirForceNUT's picture
August 20, 2014 at 8:37pm
16 Comments

Does anyone know when Captain's are announced? And who do you think the Captain's will be?

BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

I +1 this forum topic/question. Predictions: Miller, Heuerman, Decker, Bennett, and Grant

+1 HS
AirForceNUT's picture

Thanks BGF! I don't know what made me think of it.  My guesses would be the same as yours.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

My picks would be

Braxton, Jeff Heuerman, Mikhail Benoit, and Doran Grant

Sims_tOSU's picture

Ah yes mr Benoit is a stud for sure. 

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Braxton, D. Grant, Bennett, Heuerman.

+1 HS
Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

I don't know if there really is a set time for when it happens, but if there is I would imagine it to be the start of the week leading up to Navy (i.e. next week, after the brutal camp and before the season starts). As for whom, I think this is a no-brainer:

Sean Nuernberger, Cameron Johnston, Bryce Haynes

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

Braxton, Heuerman, Michael Bennett, and Doran Grant. Maybe Devin Smith as well.

whiskeyjuice's picture

Agreed, I pick the 3 that showed up at media days, Miller, Heurman, and Bennett........then Grant

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

whiskeyjuice's picture

Sorry, Doran but now that you bring it up, I like what I have been seeing with Curtis' recent interviews.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Jbuckham94's picture

But this is the basketball forum...

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

+2 HS
AirForceNUT's picture

Sorry. I'm an idiot. It can be difficult typing on this iPhone. 

Ashtabula's picture

Shannon Scott and Trey McDonald

+6 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Heuerman for sure. 

Likely Decker

Bennett for sure

Likely Doran Grant

Wouldnt be surprised one bit to see Braxton receive like an honorary captaincy

OSU069's picture

Braxton will still be a captain. Although he won't be able to play, he will still be around the team a lot. 

BigDrill's picture

I think Sam Thompson has a shot this year and can show some real leadership too.  With all the youth- it would be nice to see it.

But since it's a football question in the basketball forum, I think Michael Bennett and maybe even Miller if they can give a captancy to a RS player.  has that ever been done before?