Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Trevor Thompson to Ohio State

Rickb25's picture
April 13, 2014 at 1:14pm
10 Comments

Per espn Trevor Thompson chooses Ohio State, excited about this pickup. Could get clearance to play this year due to sick father.

kareemabduljacobb's picture

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10776671/trevor-th...

There we go Thad.  I don't mind a lil bit of the Mayor's approach and land a few transfers here and there.

"I love the academics, the fans, my new teammates and the coaching staff," Thompson said. "It was the perfect fit."

+3 HS
Raider85's picture

This is great news and it would even get better if he could play immediately but this is the first I have heard that is a possibility.

Raider85

+1 HS
southbay's picture

Same here, that would be very interesting.  But this is great news either way.

Edit:  I should have added that ideally, Trevor's dad doesn't have any health issues, and I'm sure everyone here would agree.  Best of luck to Trevor and his family, and welcome!

edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+3 HS
southbay's picture

Let me guess, the file name for this gif is something like "mullet_yessss", lol.  +1

rightfield's picture

Either way is OK with me. If he redshirts, he will have a year of wight lifting to add 20-25 lbs of muscle and maturity and be ready to take over the middle once Amir is graduated with 3 years remaining. If he cleared to play now, he can push Amir for playing time. I like the first case better to be truthful.

Its good to be the king

+2 HS
Zimmy07's picture

Does this mean we have used up all of our scholarships unless someone redshirts?

Adam21's picture

I don't know if we've used all our scholarships, however, redshirts do count towards the scholarship count. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I am assuming that if Turner wants in we will have room.