- Kc McDermott & Devon Allen unofficially visits Notre Dame
- Derrick Green unofficially visits Michigan for two days
- William Houston reports an OSU offer, being recruited as a Fullback. Houston later confirmed with me via twitter that he did in fact receive an offer and was guaranteed a roster spot UPDATE: It is now being reported as a preferred walk-on spot, not a scholarship offer, staff did mention he could possibly earn one down the road
- Notre Dame offers Mason Cole & Artavis Scott
- Parrker Westphal unofficially visits Northwestern, offered as well
- Jordan Sherit verbals to Florida to play with his best friend Vernon Hargreaves
- RB Keyante Green flips his verbal from UCLA to Purdue
- Per Kipp Adams, Prestonwood Christian LB Mike Mitchell will not announce at Gridiron Kings
- Caleb Henderson unofficially visits Michigan
- LaQuon Treadwell says Auburn Sooners and OKState will get OVs
- Shaq Wiggins trash talk game>>actual game but has line of the day to OhSt commit Jalin Marshall "Urban Meyer's gonna take your scholarship"
- Cass Tech 2014 DB Damon Webb will head to Ann Arbor at 9:30 tomorrow for a campus tour before Michigan's cookout.
- 2014 OT Denzel Ward will play at Chicago King this year instead of Julian
BN$--Star Of FNL Can See Himself At OSU '14 FL WR Artavis Scott
- Artavis was impressed with tOSU's tradition and fan support. He does not have a list of favorites but says tOSU is definitely a school he will visit again.
BN$--"It Wasn't Like Any Other Camp" '14 FL OL Mason Cole
- Mason loved his experience at FNL, enjoyed the coaches, and was impressed with the fans. He has tOSU as one of his definite favorites.
BG$--Is Munger nearing a decision? '13 OH DT Donovan Munger
- Donovan was very impressed with FNL and the former players who returned to help coach. He hopes to make a decision soon but wants to be sure.
BG$--Lewis makes his return to Columbus '13 NC DE Tyquan Lewis
- Tyquan says his Mom is enjoying Columbus so far and her approval is crucial. They will tour campus tomorrow and meet with the academic advisors. He plans to decide hopefully in September amongst Ohio State, UNC, LSU, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, and Houston.
BG$--Gibson shines under the lights '13 OH WR Shelton Gibson
- Shelton was very excited for FNL and was a top performer. He is not ready to commit but does say tOSU will be his first official visit.
BN$--Clear No. 1 For Star WR Gibson '13 OH WR Shelton Gibson
- Shelton says tOSU is his definite leader but he will likely take some visits.
Scout$--Allen Enjoys FNL '13 AZ WR Devon Allen
- Devon loved FNL and campus. He set up his official visit for The Game and has tOSU as a definite in his soon-to-be-decided top five.
Scout$--Gibson High on Ohio State '13 OH WR Shelton Gibson
- More of the same...Shelton plans to take all of his official visits but tOSU is the definite leader.
BN$--Meyer Wows 5-Star Raekwon McMillan '14 GA LB Raekwon McMillan
- Raekwon loved FNL and received plenty of attention from the coaches. He will be back for The Game.
BN$--Jackson Speeds Through FNL '14 OH RB Ashton Jackson
- Ashton won the Smokehouse Drill amongst the RBs. He says he is wide open but did admit to growing up a Buckeye fan.
BN$--Munger Performs Under The Lights '13 OH DT Donovan Munger
- Donovan enjoyed competing with Billy Price and Joey Bosa but says he is not sure about making a decision soon.
BN$--Booker Excited By Ohio State FNL '14 OH LB Dante Booker
- Dante's Father says tOSU is the team to beat and his son enjoyed meeting Mike Doss, Andy Katzenmoyer, Orlando Pace...he also seemed excited about hanging out with Clifton Garrett and Raekwon McMillan.
BN$--Three Super LB's Meet Up At FNL '14 IL LB Clifton Garrett
- Clifton discusses hanging out with Raekwon McMillan and Dante Booker. He admits tOSU is his leader with Michigan State and Notre Dame also near the top.
Scout$--Garrett Has Two Neck and Neck '14 IL LB Clifton Garrett
- Clifton says Michigan State is probably his leader but tOSU is right there also.
Scout$--Houston Hearing from Ohio State '13 OH RB/LB William Houston
- Excited about a guaranteed roster spot as a preferred walk-on.
Scout$--Wilbon Impresses Buckeyes '14 IL RB Mikale Wilbon
- Mikale says tOSU's coaches were very impressed and he feels an offer is coming after they see a few of his games this fall.
Scout$--Jones Recaps Ohio State FNL '14 IL OL Jamarco Jones
- Jamarco says his performance at FNL was ok but not great.
BG$--Barker has more than a passing interest '14 KY QB Drew Barker
- Drew loved the competition at FNL and says tOSU is evaluating their QB board until midway through the season. He currently holds offers from South Carolina, Louisville, Purdue, Illinois, Cincinnati and Western Kentucky.
BN$--Buckeyes Tell FB They Want Him '13 OH RB/LB William Houston
- William will definitely consider the walk-on offer but wants to wait until mid-season to see what else may happen.
BG$--Berrios shines at Friday Night Lights '14 NC ATH Braxton Berrios
- Braxton was definitely impressed and is hoping for an offer after a few games this season.
BG$--Finley has three on top '13 MI OL Dennis Finley
- Dennis says tOSU wanted him to commit but he will take some official visits and likely decide amongst tOSU, Michigan State, and Wisconsin.
Rivals$--Rivals100 LB Mitchell could announce Sunday '13 TX LB Mike Mitchell
- Mike says he could announce tomorrow if his Dad approves. He says he could definitely commit to tOSU without visiting because he is so comfortable with the staff.
DL Michael Hill of Pendleton remains firmly committed to Ohio State his coach said Friday afternoon. An internet report said Hill was having second thoughts about his pledge and might look closely again at USC. Hill had USC and Clemson in his final group. But coach Paul Sutherland said that while talking with Hill last night about another matter, Hill told him there was no wavering. “He said he was solid with Ohio State,” Sutherland said. Hill made multiple visits to USC and Clemson before deciding on the Buckeyes. “Ohio State did not outwork the instate schools,” Sutherland said. “He just grew up watching Ohio State on television and that was his favorite school.”
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State didn’t get any players to commit immediately following its first Friday Nights Lights camp at the Horseshoe, but the Buckeyes received a big hint about when they might expect an answer from one of the big guys they covet.
That would be big as in 6-foot-3, 280-pound Donovan Munger (Shaker Heights, Ohio/Shaker Heights).
The ESPN 300 defensive tackle came to Urban Meyer’s first camp in Ohio Stadium and walked away with a message.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Hybrid defensive end/linebacker Tyquan Lewis (Tarboro, N.C./Tarboro) came to Ohio State a month ago, hoping to pass the eye test with the Buckeyes.
The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Lewis did that and more, earning a committable offer at the camp on June 10.
At the Friday Night Lights camp at Ohio State, fans will be happy to know The Horseshoe passed the eye test with his mother, Tyronda Whitaker.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- It was hard to miss Dennis Finley (Detroit/Cass Tech) at Ohio State's Friday Night Lights camp. Then again, it's hard to hide when you're a 6-foot-6, 275-pound offensive tackle who figures prominently on the Buckeyes' radar. While Finley didn't compete at the event, the high school senior-to-be wasn't about to ignore a chance to rub elbows with Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer and Co.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Coming into Ohio State's first Friday Night Lights camp, the buzz wasn't about who was there. It was about who was next at quarterback. With a quarterback already committed in the 2013 class in J.T. Barrett (Wichita Falls, Texas/Rider), the Buckeyes were looking to 2014 and wanted to see what players such as Caleb Henderson (Alexandria, Va./West Potomac), Joey Duckworth (Louisville, Ohio/Louisville), Drew Barker (Hebron, Ky./Conner) and DeShone Kizer (Toledo, Ohio/Central Catholic) could bring to the table.
ESPN 150 athlete Levonte Whitfield (Orlando, Fla./Jones) did not plan on competing at the Jimbo Fisher Camp last week, but once the 5-foot-9, 176-pound prospect arrived in Tallahassee, Fla., he could not resist getting on the field with his peers.
"I originally just wanted to make a visit, but I decided to camp anyway," Whitfield said. "It was a great experience being able to showcase my talent out there."
Whitfield has become a hot commodity this summer, picking up offers from Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State, West Virginia, South Carolina and UCF. A couple programs have emerged for the No. 113 prospect in the nation.
When linebacker Mike Mitchell (Plano, TX/Prestonwood Christian Academy) arrived in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., for the Champion Gridiron Kings event at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, he hinted that a decision might be coming soon.
"I am waiting for my parents to get here to my hotel and we plan to discuss things as far as my commitment goes," Mitchell said.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Urban Meyer’s first offer for the 2013 class when he became Ohio State’s coach in November went to Cleveland Heights (Ohio) receiver Shelton Gibson. Eight months later, the message from Meyer was still clear while at Friday Night Lights.
“They want to see it printed on my chest: ‘O-State,’” Gibson said.
The feeling is mutual. Gibson, No. 196 in the ESPN 300 and No. 11 in Ohio, has the Buckeyes as his leader after calling Auburn and Ohio State even for quite some time.
Clifton Garrett (Plainfield, Ill./Plainfield South) came to Ohio State’s Friday Night Lights camp with the intention of chilling out and meeting some players he’d talked to on Twitter.
By the time it was over, the 6-foot-2, 218-pound Garrett was pumped to be in Columbus.
While he didn’t participate, Garrett caught the action from the stands and couldn’t believe the energy coming off the field and the buzz generating in The Horseshoe.
Caleb Henderson (Alexandria, Va./West Potomac) has been high on Ohio State’s radar for several months, and the Mid-Atlantic quarterback could have taken one step closer to earning an offer from the Buckeyes following his performance at Friday Night Lights.
“I felt the camp went really well,” Henderson said. “I put the ball in the places it needed to be and felt I was really consistent with everything.”
Quarterbacks coach Tom Herman was talking with Henderson most of the night, and Henderson said Herman was happy with the way he threw.
Lawrence Central High School offensive lineman Tim Gardner didn’t hesitate when Ohio State offered a scholarship Saturday.
“I’ve always like them since I was a little kid,” Gardner said.
The 6-5, 315-pound Gardner knew for a month he was invited to Ohio State’s Friday Night Lights and was hoping for an offer over the weekend. Gardner said during the combine-style event he was coached by former Buckeyes star offensive linemen Orlando Pace and LaCharles Bentley.
Asked what he liked best about Ohio State, Gardner simply said tradition.
“His goal was to go there and get an offer and I’m happy for him,” Bears coach Jayson West said. “Obviously they think it’s a good fit so that’s the best part.”
Gardner also had offers from Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Louisville and Toledo.
With the decision made, Gardner said he can concentrate on helping his team win the state title. Gardner, who weighed 340 last season, hopes to lose a few more pounds.
“I’m trying to play defense and offense this year,” said Gardner, who played right offensive tackle for the Bears.
This will be Gardner’s third year as starter. The Bears reached the 2010 Class 5A state final before losing to Fishers.
Working in front of the Big "O" and in the shadows of Block O was all Tim Gardner (Indianapolis/Lawrence Central) needed before committing to Ohio State. Gardner, who caused a bit of a stir when he tweeted in June that he was a Buckeye before having a committable offer, received that offer Saturday and is now the 16th member of Ohio State's 2013 recruiting class. "I'm excited," Gardner said. "It's the tradition. It's unreal to be under Coach Urban Meyer and to be with that program. What they had set up in the past is what they have now."
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- On Friday ESPN 150 linebacker Mike Mitchell (Plano, Texas/Prestonwood Christian Academy) said he had planned to talk things over with his parents and was contemplating announcing his commitment Sunday during the Champion Gridiron Kings event at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports.
Saturday night, however, Mitchell updated his timetable.
"I am going to hold off on my commitment because I have not been to Ohio State yet," Mitchell said.
The No. 121 prospect, who won the SPARQ Championship this month with a record 154.47 SPARQ rating, is considering Florida State, Ohio State and Texas A&M.