College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Stop me if you've heard this one before... (SEC SoS)

0 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture
November 1, 2014 at 7:30pm
33 Comments

After watching the pitiful Florida Gators trounce the fighting Mark Richts, I got to thinking... How is this going to be perceived? Georgia is overrated or the SEC is so deep and good that anyone can beat anyone?

Georgia's signature wins a Clemson team which hasn't beaten a single ranked team, Missouri which hasn't beaten a single ranked team, and lost to USC which has 1 win against a ranked team which was UGA.

What's my point, you may ask? How the hell do we figure out if an SEC team is good unless they play a strong OOC schedule? We can't. We just can be told that the SEC is SO good that they're going to beat up on each other because it's murderer's row. Between the teams I was looking at to prove this point, none played an FBS school...YET. Fla plays FSU and UGA plays GaTech at the end of the season.

My point is that the SEC (Mike Slive?) is brilliant in that they have toted their conference games so much, they don't have to go out of conference to prove it. The only major game I can think of is LSU/Wisconsin. Everything else is Directional State University and FCS schools.

Perception is everything when it comes to the SEC and they've done a damn good job at building up the perception, regardless of any media help.

How in the hell does UF beat UGA...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments