College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

UCF vs PSU

chicagobuckeye's picture
August 23, 2014 at 10:25am
14 Comments

Game was initially scheduled to be played in Ireland, but due to the volcanic activity in Iceland the game was in jeopardy. Bloomberg has just reported that the volcano erupted. Could end the possibility of the game being played across the pond due to the lack of flights to Ireland. Last time a volcano erupted in Iceland over 100,000 flights across Europe were grounded. 

GoBucksOSU's picture

What I have been wondering is does this mean they are going to cancel the game entirely or are they willing to quickly schedule it for one of their home fields?

osu407's picture

Too bad, I was looking forward to watching a game in the morning

+1 HS
Ashtabula's picture

Maybe they should play it on an aircraft carrier

+12 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

If PSU can find a way to get this game canceled it may give the  cult members an extra week of believing they can be B1G champs. 

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
hetuck's picture

Seeing as how the AAC doesn't have a championship game and PSU is ineligible for post-season play, I'd look for them to reschedule somewhere on 12/6. 

EDIT: I should have checked first. UCF has a game scheduled on 12/4. I'd still look for them to try to move that game so they could play PSU on 12/6. 

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

DWright's picture

No bowl games? No problem... we play game in far away lands.

+2 HS
Habu71's picture

It seems even nature wants that penalty to stand.

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Maybe they could make history and play the first football game on the moon.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Nashville Buckeye's picture

I'll admit to being a bit bias (I'm a UCF Alum) but if the game is rescheduled, I sure as hell hope it's in Orlando.  We beat Penn State AT Penn State last year, so we should get a chance to play them at our place this year!

+3 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Good.  It was never more than a stupid gimmick to begin with.

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Agreed-I understand ND playing in Ireland, but this makes no sense at all.

+3 HS
Sebastian's picture

A lot of over thinking going on in the NCAA

HilltopHustle's picture

To be honest, I was looking forward to watching a game before ours at noon that day. Thinking it'll calm my nerves.

+1 HS