College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Real live College Football today

NashBuckeye's picture
August 22, 2014 at 10:52pm
15 Comments

Today at 3:30 ET, there is a real live College Football game on TV. Yes, it is a Division 1AA game but it is two ranked (in 1AA) teams and it will be played on a RED "SprinTurf" field.  #14 Sam Houston State vs. #2 Eastern Washington.

Can't say I will watch the whole game but I am sure that I will catch some of it.  Better than Golf, Preseason NFL Football, Baseball (because the Reds are toast), etc.

Anyone else starved enough for College Football to watch this game?  

Knarcisi's picture

Two 1AA teams?  scUM and Appalachian St are on tomorrow?

+15 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I'm not that desperate.

+3 HS
brunstar's picture

I think my eyes would be burning from the red field if I actually watched it.

+1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Got some Visine....Ready to go!

+2 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Sounds good to me!!

SECHATER77

+2 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

Hey, Eastern Washington beat Oregon State last year, they're no scrub team. Give me a pair of sunglasses so I don't have to gaze at that inferno field and I'll be set.

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

NashBuckeye? You my friend are a liar!

One day I will valiantly become a political prisoner of 11W jail.

NashBuckeye's picture

You are right. i don't need no stinkin' Visine to watch Football on a Red field. I do have some, though, 

NashBuckeye's picture

CINSERIOUS:   Really curious.....what did you mean about me being a liar? I was assuming you were just yanking my chain about being excited about a nothing game, so I played your comment off as a joke. I thought you would at least respond to my earlier reply. Since u didn't, I am asking the above question.

BTW....it was a good game. 56-35 E. Wash. wins. I watched less than a quarter but it was on as background noise for longer than that.

cinserious's picture

My bad about lack of response, I was too was busy watching another imaginary game (Browns vs Rams)

One day I will valiantly become a political prisoner of 11W jail.

Findog5's picture

No. Last weekend to get all the shit done I didn't do over summer. Then, and only then will I be allowed to enjoy football...per my beautiful wife. 

NCFinn

The Rill Dill's picture

You are going to make me puke.  Glad you're ALLOWED to enjoy your life, occasionally.

-2 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Why on earth would you want to have a red, or blue field to play on?

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Those programs are just trying to stand out. Reminds me of Middle School

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Groveport Heisman's picture

Shit son last night there was a good high school football game on with Byrnes S.C. vs. North Western HS. Got my tastes flowing.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.