College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Hoosiers lose preseason basketball game against Canadians

TheBadOwl's picture
August 11, 2014 at 1:13am
14 Comments

The Hoosiers fell to the Ottawa Gee Gee's, 109-101 yesterday. Not really sure what to say about this other than 1) it's hilarious and 2) bring on the #CreanFace.

CreanFace

Habu71's picture

This is just amazing, I really hope the Gee Gee's cut down the nets.

+5 HS
DannyBeane's picture

They couldn't down the nets because Tom Crean had already beaten them to it.

+10 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Its only preseason but still…BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

+4 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

LOL..........

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+4 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Crean gonna crean

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Tater_Schroeder's picture

I never pay much attention to the final score of exhibition games. Remember, it wasn't too long ago that Ohio State lost to Findlay.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+6 HS
OSU069's picture

Ya but that was a team that didn't make the tournament and had just been to the national championship game. Crean and Indy had a terrible season last year and need to rebound. Losing to a Canadian team isn't a good start. 

-1 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Indy lost to the Ottawa Gee Gees? I'm surprised that Crean would let his kids play roller derby in the offseason.

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

I'm just here for the Crean Face.

+1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

They call themselves uOttawa, which I find as annoying as tOSU.

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

-3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Are the Gee Gee's coached by E. Gordon 

+2 HS
Habu71's picture

If this is the case, I'm almost certain I know what may have caused the Hoosiers to take an L to the Gee Gee's. Several years ago my Son played basketball for his school, and one of their opponents was a local Jewish school. The players on the opposing team wore thier yamulkes while playing. The challenge was that they'd come off frequently, which posed a tripping/slipping hazard for our players. I'll admit that at times those incidents seemed less accidental, and more opportunistic, especially seeing that only our players were having difficulty navigating around them. I can easily see this same thing being the case with the Gee Gee's, but with bow ties being the hazards on the floor.

Seattle Linga's picture

Too funny - thanks for sharing HABU

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

My turn to chime in here, Uottawa and Carleton both located in Canada's captial  are our top 2 programs, consistently beat top teams from the US in exhibitions, it's not entirely a stretch considering we could throw in a few of our top teams and have them make the sweet 16.  

Check this link on the team that beat Uottawa by 22 last year

http://grantland.com/features/carleton-university-basketball-canada-syracuse-tyler-ennis-kansas-andrew-wiggins/

+1 HS