Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's Tailgate Fare Ho Ho Ho Holiday Edition

+1 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
December 22, 2015 at 6:46pm
33 Comments

Tis the season to be so many things.  Personally, I love the food we enjoy this time of year as much as anything else.  I enjoy Griswolding the house, shopping with Amazon Claus, and all of the tasty treats that there are laying around the house.

For this special edition, I chose a fruit dip that Mrs 3M made for her office Christmas party.  This stuff is an incredible food to add to your grazing table this Christmas, or New Years - and one to add to your rotation.

Fruit Dip

INGREDIENTS
1 Regular Container of Cool Whip
1 7 oz. Jar of Marshmallow Fluff
1 Block of Cream Cheese

DIRECTIONS
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly in a mixing bowl and chill for at least one hour.
Serve with sliced apples, oranges, strawberries, grapes, and any other fruit you like.

This dip is incredibly simple, and delicious.  

I would like to leave you with this treat, as well as a short message, if you'll indulge me.

Last week, I had the honor of being invited to a friend's retirement ceremony.  He is a Colonel in the Army and he is retiring after 23 years of service first as a pharmacist, and then as a preventive medicine physician.  

About two years ago, he began to experience some unsettling symptoms and he is being treated for a yet-undiagnosed neurological condition.  His speech and motor skills are impacted, and the symptoms are advancing, which hastened his retirement a bit.  

Yet, there he stood, at the podium, giving thanks to those he credits with building the incredibly successful career he enjoyed.  And, he delivered a message that made me proud to be his friend.  I will surmise his message in his own words - so much about life is perspective.

"So much about life is perspective."

This one sentence, so simple, struck me as deeply profound.  And, in the depth of this statement, I began to evaluate my life and look at my perspective on things.  And, as I share this with you, I believe that he is completely correct.

It was inspirational to see a man who was so incredibly active, and now walks with a walker, talk about everything he's thankful for.  To see a man who is a medical doctor deal with a medical mystery inflicting him, yet so gracefully point out the blessings in his life is something that makes you think.  And, it makes me look at my life with renewed vigor and through a fresh lens.

I hope that you can do the same, my fellow Dubbers.  I hope that you can look at your lives this Christmas season and see that you are truly blessed.  I suspect that you are; perhaps you need to alter your perspective to see the vast amount of blessings you enjoy.  

A small change in your perspective can make things you take for granted emerge as wonderful blessings that make your world a better place.  In turn, you make the world a better place for others.

Merry Christmas

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments