Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Football, the press, but mostly bored

0 HS
allinosu's picture
February 26, 2015 at 1:30pm
25 Comments

I like many of you want spring ball to get here. So I watch replays of our season and read as many articles as I can find. Two things came to mind while doing this. The first one came as I watched the Sugar bowl's opening kickoff. Samuel and Conley were obviously not familiar with the fumble rule when the Alabama player miss handled the ball and left it lay there. I looked it up because I wanted to read it for myself that it was indeed a free ball. Both of our players had an opportunity to make a play for the ball and turned off the jets with no effort as another Alabama player lackadaisically retrieved it. Some teams have to take a test each week on rules before being allowed to be a part of special teams. Maybe we should. It could have made a difference. The other thing was while I was reading some articles about kids deciding to go away from home to play sports, the press often uses words and phrases like, so and so spurned them or turned their back on or snubbed them. When hard core fans read such things it only makes things worse for the kid. It's like inciting a riot of social media. You can't call them on it because it did what it was intended to do and that is make a big reaction to their article. This was Mike Weber's world. I love the way the system works. OK now I'm an hour closer to spring ball.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments