Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Good morning all

airbuckeye's picture
September 2, 2014 at 11:31am
15 Comments

I am writing to ask anyone or everyone to keep my Mother in your prayer as i just learned this morning from my sister she is going to have to have a Heart Valve Replacement later this month but she is unaware of which one it is

My Sister and her husband have not told her because of which one it is and it would have her even more upset if she knew. I swear with everthing going on in my life right now this was the last then i needed to hear

So if you find the time  to throw a prayer her way i would greatly appreciated it and Thank You.

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Prayers are with you and your family.  I know it's easier said than done, but have faith in modern medicine-pretty amazing what they do nowadays.

Gobucks2204's picture

Got you covered Air.

PortlandBuckeye45's picture

Sending my hopes and love to you and your family!

Furious George 27's picture

Prayers to you and your family.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

BroJim's picture

Sure thing.

I season my simple food with hunger

Seattle Linga's picture

Keep the faith and stay positive - you need to be a rock for your family

NW Buckeye's picture

I have had valves replaced two times in my life due to a congenital problem.  Once when I was 35 (aortic valve) and again when I was 60 (aortic and mitral valves - I opted for a porcine valve on my first operation to avoid being on warfarin for the rest of my life).  Can say that the second operation was amazing compared to the first.  Not going to sugar coat it though, recovery is 3 to 6 months.  However, the process the 2nd time was quite a bit easier as far as pain goes.  They have gotten much better with pain management over the years.  So much so that I was only on Tylenol less than 4 days after the operation.  Also, they did not have to give me any units of blood during the second operation - they do a good job capturing any of the blood and recycling it into your body.  My stay in the hospital was brief - operated on Friday, home on Monday, however most require a couple more days in the hospital. 

My guess would be that she is most likely having her mitral valve replaced.  Many women have a murmur that is caused by a leaky mitral valve.  If she is having any trouble breathing at all it is most likely that.  I can tell you that the the mitral valve problem caused much more discomfort than my aortic valve problem.  And, it was instantly better after the operation.  It's just that you have to be careful and let everything heal properly in your chest.  Overall, the operation is obviously major surgery, but it is one that has great benefits once completed.  Good luck and God bless to your Mom!

+2 HS
robobuck's picture

I'm on it! Remember Deuteronomy 1:30 : "The LORD your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf..."

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

-1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Thanks for the scripture reference Robo. I'll use it today.

-1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I was never really a religious person, but I'll send some good vibes your way.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

airbuckeye's picture

Oh believe i know what it is to have a bypass because i had  triple bypass back in 98 and was up and moving on my own in 6 weeks because i refused to let anyone take care of me. I did'nt want a certain someone holding that shit over my head and saying if it was not for me letting you stay here and your Mother taking care of you you would not be here today.

Hell the day they let me go home i wanted to go home to my own apartment but they said if i did'nt go to someone's house so they could help me they would not let go home. Believ me it took me 4 weeks to prove to my Mother and sister i could care for my self so i could home.

I know they do amazing work now but i know my Mother and she thinks she as got the same thing wrong with her that her Mother had and my Grandmother did not make it off the table. Thats my main concern with her going in with that out look on life that she beleives she is not going to make it. Thats why i was asking for all the prayers she can get.

osu07asu10's picture

Will keep Mama Air in my thoughts!

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

Rob Reese's picture

Prayers sent, Airbuckeye.  My cardiac peers have come a long way over the decades and have not just extended people's lives; but the actual quality of those lives.  

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+1 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

Prayers are with you and yours

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

+1 HS