Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

quick question..

WezBuck28's picture
August 22, 2014 at 2:10pm
14 Comments

Ok guys/gals, quick question for anyone who has been through this, I'm looking for some advice..I know this may hurt some of your feelings so I apologize in advance...we all know Santa Clause is not real, but at what age do you let your children in on this little secret? 2 of my children are borderline needing to know..not sure when I should break the news to them..

BucksfanXC's picture

How old?

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

+2 HS
The Urban Legend's picture

Tough question. I was a little asshole kid when I found out and told both my younger siblings. I guess it depends on the kids maturity. If you're even considering it I feel it should be about that time. 

The Legend continues

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

tell them to wait till December before they ask such things! First the decorations start coming out IN OCTOBER! and now kids are wondering about the fat guy in the middle of summer (commence Hoke joke in 3,2,1..)

be careful, some young-uns do frequent this site. don't want to burst anyones bubble.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Buckeye Knight's picture

Tell them that Santa might be fake, but J.T. Barrett will bring the goods!  Go Bucks!

+4 HS
Rob Reese's picture

we all know Santa Clause is not real

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+6 HS
Faded Trey's picture

Just let the Easter Bunny tell them. Boom! Problem solved.

+2 HS
mmounts's picture

Wait a minuteee...

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
dwcbuckeye's picture

I have a son turning 10 and another one just turned 6.  We haven't seen anything about this to them yet, but certainly we get the feeling the 9+ year old knows.  Probably from friends at school.  He is pretty good about it and doesn't say anything.  To me, 6 is way to  young at least for my kid.

Good luck

+2 HS
SOF_Buckeye's picture

We never really said there was a Sante Claus. We kept with the true reason for celebrating Christmas, and let them know that while the individual Sante Claus had some 'factual' basis, he was more of a symbol for giving.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

+3 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate the input! I'm just gonna tell them that JT is the one who delivers the goods like buckeye knight said..should work,right!?!

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

Santa isn't real?

Byaaaahhh's picture

I've never been told SC was real. My parents didn't see the benefit and I don't either. Kind of dilutes the meaning of Christmas too.