Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

And I'm done with Shark Week.

Buckeye Knight's picture
August 10, 2014 at 10:44pm
17 Comments

Another mockumentary with horrible acting. I couldn't make it more than five minutes.

CCatanzaro's picture

Couldn't agree more.  Disappointing.  I would stare in absolute awe for an hour straight just watching a normal sized Great White hunt, leap from the water, and attack fake (or real) seals, and would do so any time  over watching that garbage.  Fortunately, "Breaking Bad Binge" is going on over at AMC.  

Dairy-fed intellect and pure, unhinged sass.

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I saw the Binge on. My fiance said I should watch it. I never have before. I said I [probably wouldn't like it. She told me to watch it. Season one, episode 4 is the first Breaking Bad I watched... I like it. I kind of want more of it... Ugh, she was right... again...

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Bluke221's picture

I never got into Breaking Bad when it was first on tv. Didn't really think the premise was something I would like. Once it got popular I decided I wanted to watch it but I didn't want to come in mid series not knowing who was what and what had already happened. I also didn't want to ruin the episodes I had already missed by seeing who was still alive etc. Long story short I would actively avoid the final seasons of Breaking Bad with the intent to somehow watch the whole show later.

For whatever reason it took me awhile to finally decided to watch them (on Netflix) but once I started, which was on a sunday, I had finished all 62 episodes of the season by the next friday. It is that good and that interesting. I highly recommend going back and starting from the beginning. Just make sure you still have some semblance of a life unlike I did.

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Haha. Thanks for the advice Bluke. I will have my own marathon when I have a week off school

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

FitzBuck's picture

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+5 HS
goodlifesean's picture

And this is why I have set my Facebook avatar as an Orca eating a great white for the week. Troll move absolutely, but done to protest the crap storm shark week has become.

+2 HS
faux_maestro's picture

There's a Sharknado joke in there somewhere....

Inní mér syngur vitleysingur

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+2 HS
highwire's picture

It's okay, I've got Lesnar on it.

+4 HS
spqr2008's picture

They finally jumped the shark.

+6 HS
Hilliard WB's picture

Haha... well done!

S-Row the Best Row

Oyster's picture

Perhaps you should have got yourself a Hot and Ready Pizza from Little Ceasers to enjoy while watching?

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+2 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

There used to be a guy that posted on here for Team Rebel Shark based in Florida. It's specifically shark catch and release but is generally good stuff. They've been on CNN with some of their vids and the front page of Yahoo! a few times. 

Discovery shark week is definitely going downhill with fake documentaries and filler material from previous years. Kinda glad that I got rid of cable and just watch stuff on iPad or project free TV.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

toad1204's picture

Cracks me up NatGeo is running SharkFest to troll compete with Discovery's awful programming.  Its also funny that NatGeo's programming is the kind of programming Discovery used to run for place of #SharkWeek.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
apack614's picture

Shark week is awful

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

CALPOPPY's picture

Yeah, that was a disappointing show. My son laps it up thinking all of the video is completely real. This is where I get to be the good parent and explain that not all of the images are real...but that the show is a lot like real life...people are only going to let him down in life so prepare to be disappointed.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.