Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Gotham - Official Extended Trailer

Danify's picture
May 5, 2014 at 9:45pm
10 Comments

This fall on Fox. Featuring an young J. Gordon, Bruce Wayne, Catwoman, Penguin, and The Riddler. As an huge comic books fan (especially Batman and Capt. America) I'm excited and anxious to see an new way of telling the origins of Batman and Commissioner James Gordon.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

I see the kid from the OC moved to Gotham...

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

"an" only precedes words that begin with "a,e,i,o,u" 

DIRECTIONER

-5 HS
InTressITrust's picture

False. An hour.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

ok..fair enough. If it sounds like it starts with a vowel, then use "an"

DIRECTIONER

MacG91's picture

The choice of A/AN is dictated on how the next word sounds. The 'H' in hour is silent and sounds like 'our' therefore would use An. The written distinction comes from the speech, not vice versa and hour sounds like it would start with a vowel. 

Mac..yeah

OSUStu's picture

MacG91 has it.  It drives me crazy when people say "an historic event" rather than "a historic event." 

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Crumb's picture

Looks good and it seems the have some good ideas, but I heard they may do an origin story of the Joker and I hope they don't. Part of what makes the Joker so scary is not knowing what drove him to his brilliant insanity, to think he could have been a regular Joe turned into the most notorious super villain ever is a frightening thought.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

hodge's picture

Alan Moore's already taken us down that rabbit hole.  In The Killing Joke, the Joker's origin is revealed as a failed stand-up comedian who becomes the Red Hood while trying to guide a break-in to the chemical plant where he used to work (to support his pregnant wife).  During the break-in he's confronted by Batman and escapes into the plant's waste canal.  In doing so, he emerges horribly disfigured and is driven insane -- leading to his metamorphosis into the Joker.

Crumb's picture

I still like the 'there is no background' version of the character better.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

jaxbuckeye's picture

Sweet!  Because there haven't been any movies or shows about superheroes in a long time. And when there were, they never took a nontraditional approach to presenting the story!  VERY original.