Stop us if you've heard this before: Ohio State welcomed another freshman class this fall semester, and they're all smart.
According to the university, the average Ohio State freshman enters school with an ACT of 29.2, tying last year's record high. It's also notable in that it broke enrollment and diversity records.
- Total university enrollment: 66,444 (record high)
- Columbus campus enrollment 59,835 (record high)
- Regional campus enrollment: 6,607.
Enrollment by level:
- Undergraduate enrollment, all campuses: 52,517 (record high)
- Undergraduate enrollment, Columbus campus: 45,946 (record high)
- New freshmen, Columbus campus: 7,136
- Graduate enrollment, Columbus campus: 10,672
Enrollment by ethnicity, all campuses:
- Hispanic: 2,728 (record high)
- Asian: 4,074 (record high)
- African American: 3,979 (record high)
- Two or ore races: 2,172 (record high)
- International students: 6,412
New freshmen, Columbus campus:
- Average ACT: 29.2 (ties record high)
- Percent in top 10% of high school class: 65 (record high)
- Percent in top 25% of high school class: 95
- Ethnic minorities: 1,542 (record high)
- Domestic non-Ohio residents: 1,547
- International students: 588
Also of note: 1/33.6 people in Columbus is an Ohio State student.