I'm here to deliver your annual reminder that the famed 300 Spartans that Michigan State loves to embrace were quickly and swiftly overwhelmed and brutally slain by one of the most dominant military empires in human history.
I've got no problem with the Bucks playing the role of Persia today.
Word of the Day: Massacre.
TODAY'S MENU. It's a mostly delightful football season outside of the southeast, most of which is observing Chickenshit Saturday with their annual November games against FCS opponents like Charleston Southern or Praire View A&M, which I just learned existed.
|#7 Michigan State at #4 Ohio State||12:00pm||ABC|
|Texas at West Virginia||12:00pm||ESPN2|
|Kent State at Akron||12:00pm||ESPN+|
|Charleston Southern at #1 Georgia||12:00pm||SECN+/ESPN+|
|New Mexico State at Kentucky||12:00pm||SECN|
|Prairie View A&M at #16 Texas A&M||12:00pm||SECN+/ESPN+|
|Purdue at Northwestern||12:00pm||BTN|
|Tennessee State at #25 Mississippi State||12:00pm||SECN+/ESPN+|
|UMass at Army||12:00pm||CBSSN|
|Wofford at North Carolina||12:00pm||RSN/ESPN3|
|Florida Atlantic at WKU||12:00pm||Stadium|
|Florida State at Boston College||12:00pm||ACCN|
|#10 Wake Forest at Clemson||12:00pm||ESPN|
|USF at Tulane||12:00pm||ESPN+|
|Rutgers at Penn State||12:00pm||BTN|
|Iowa State at #13 Oklahoma||12:00pm||FOX|
|Texas State at Coastal Carolina||1:00pm||ESPN+|
|Illinois at #17 Iowa||2:00pm||FS1|
|Arkansas State at Georgia State||2:00pm||ESPN3|
|Georgia Tech at #8 Notre Dame||2:30pm||NBC|
|Washington at Colorado||3:00pm||P12N|
|UAB at #22 UTSA||3:30pm||ESPN+|
|Appalachian State at Troy||3:30pm||ESPN+|
|SMU at #5 Cincinnati||3:30pm||ESPN|
|East Carolina at Navy||3:30pm||CBSSN|
|Nebraska at #15 Wisconsin||3:30pm||ABC|
|Virginia at #18 Pitt||3:30pm||ESPN2|
|Old Dominion at Middle Tennessee||3:30pm||ESPN+|
|#21 Arkansas at #2 Alabama||3:30pm||CBS|
|Minnesota at Indiana||3:30pm||BTN|
|#6 Michigan at Maryland||3:30pm||BTN|
|Marshall at Charlotte||3:30pm||Stadium|
|Temple at Tulsa||4:00pm||ESPN+|
|Rice at UTEP||4:00pm||ESPN+|
|UCLA at USC||4:00pm||FOX|
|Syracuse at 20 NC State||4:00pm||ACCN|
|Kansas at TCU||4:00pm||ESPN+|
|Florida at Missouri||4:00pm||SECN|
|UConn at UCF||4:00pm||ESPN+|
|Louisiana at Liberty||4:00pm||ESPNU|
|#14 BYU at Georgia Southern||4:00pm||ESPN+|
|#11 Baylor at Kansas State||5:30pm||FS1|
|Auburn at South Carolina||7:00pm||ESPN|
|North Texas at FIU||7:00pm||ESPN3|
|California at Stanford||7:00pm||P12N|
|South Alabama at Tennessee||7:30pm||ESPNU|
|Vanderbilt at #12 Ole Miss||7:30pm||SECN|
|Virginia Tech at Miami (FL)||7:30pm||ACCN|
|#3 Oregon at #23 Utah||7:30pm||ABC|
|Wyoming at Utah State||8:00pm||CBSSN|
|#9 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech||8:00pm||FOX|
|ULM at LSU||9:00pm||ESPN2|
|New Mexico at Boise State||9:00pm||FS1|
|Arizona State at Oregon State||10:30pm||ESPN|
|Colorado State at Hawaii||11:00pm||Spectrum PPV|
TBT. To the kids who stayed up all night waiting outside an empty stage for a slim chance to get their mildly provocative sign on national television before it's confiscated, I salute you.
Six years ago, I was you.
Tbt to when I waited 12 hours in the rain to get this sign next to Kirk Herbstreits face. pic.twitter.com/5BtRv3AW5E— Kevin Harrish (@Kevinish) November 20, 2021
Huge shoutout to the initial sign inspector who glanced at my sign, shrugged, said "I mean, it's historically accurate" and let me in.
PICKS. I'm feeling extremely good about today's slate, which probably means everybody should fade!
- Ohio State -18.5 against Michigan State. Michigan State's defense is not good, and secretly, I don't think the offense is all that great either. That No. 7 ranking is fraudulent.
- Clemson -4 against Wake Forest. Look, I'm not happy about this either, but Clemson's defense is legit very good and Wake's defense is bad enough to make Clemon's offense look competent. Plus, the game is at Clemson.
- UCLA -3 against USC. UCLA may not be a great football team, but fortunately for them, USC is a bad football team. Let's not overthink this.
- Arkansas +20.5 against Alabama. Am I an idiot? Maybe. But I just like Arkansas to keep this close. Alabama's had trouble pulling away from competent teams this season and I think the Razorbacks can score enough to keep this one interesting.
- Utah -3 against Oregon. Utah is a sneaky good team that's probably a bit underrated, and I honestly think Oregon is quite a bit overrated and really hasn't looked dominant since that Ohio State win. I like the Utes tonight.
NOT STICKING TO SPORTS. Mike Tyson allegedly had intense sex before his fights so he wouldn't kill his opponents... Money can make or break your mental health... A failed star known as “The Accident” is changing the way we look at the galaxy... Real happiness starts with telling yourself the truth, even when it hurts... The notorious Mrs. Mossler... The most dangerous woman in San Francisco... The Indian film that overtook The Godfather on IMDb...