Chris Olave has been named as one of the 35 best players in college football.
The Ohio State wide receiver was one of 35 players named Friday to the Walter Camp Player of the Year award watch list, the final watch list of the NCFAA's two-week rollout of preseason watch lists.
Olave is one of just four wide receivers on the preseason watch list for the Walter Camp Award, which honors college football's best player, along with Arkansas’ Treylon Burks, Alabama’s John Metchie III and Clemson’s Justyn Ross.
The Ohio State senior, who already has 111 career catches for 1,775 yards and 22 touchdowns, had already been named to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award, which also honors college football's best player, and the Biletnikoff Award, which honors the nation's best wide receiver.
He becomes the fourth Buckeye to be named to watch lists for three national awards this preseason, along with fellow wide receiver Garrett Wilson (Maxwell, Biletnikoff and Paul Hornung Award), defensive tackle Haskell Garrett (Chuck Bednarik Award, Bronko Nagurski Trophy and Outland Trophy) and defensive end Zach Harrison (Bednarik, Nagurski and Lott IMPACT Trophy).
The full list of Buckeyes who have been named to preseason watch lists for national awards over the past two weeks:
- CB Sevyn Banks: Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Jim Thorpe Award
- DT Haskell Garrett: Chuck Bednarik Award, Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Outland Trophy
- DE Zach Harrison: Chuck Bednarik Award, Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Lott IMPACT Trophy
- C Harry Miller: Wuerffel Trophy
- OT Thayer Munford: Outland Trophy
- WR Chris Olave: Biletnikoff Award, Maxwell Award, Walter Camp Player of the Year
- OT Nicholas Petit-Frere: Outland Trophy
- TE Jeremy Ruckert: John Mackey Award
- WR Garrett Wilson: Biletnikoff Award, Maxwell Award, Paul Hornung Award