Joey Bosa's contract dispute with the San Diego Chargers is officially over.
A contract dispute over offset language and signing bonus disbursement cost Bosa, the No. 3 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, most of his rookie training camp and all of fall camp.
Last week, the two sides appeared to cross the rubicon when they exchanged press releases via social media. Bosa appeared in danger of seeing his rookie season scuttled.
Things changed over the weekend, apparently.
Monday, the Chargers announced the signing of Bosa to a four-year contract.
“We look forward to having Joey join us and getting him prepared as quickly as possible for the 2016 season,” said General Manager Tom Telesco in a team release.
In the end, Chargers got some of what they wanted from Joey Bosa and he got some of what he wanted from them. A compromise. As it should be.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 29, 2016
The #Chargers and Joey Bosa reached a 4-year, $25.8M contract, source said. He gets a $17M signing bonus. It's all fully guaranteed.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 29, 2016
Chargers compromised on cash flow in years 2,3,4 + gave Joey Bosa largest upfront signing bonus in Chargers history; SD got offset language.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 29, 2016
The Chargers' fourth and final preseason game is Thursday in San Francisco against the 49ers.