Another week of high school games brought another week of standout performances from Ohio State commits/targets worthy of being included in our Prep Tracker.
Downs sets Mill Creek High record
It was already a good enough night for 2023 Ohio State safety target Caleb Downs in that Mill Creek High School (Hoschton, Georgia) earned a 28-14 victory to move to 5-0 on the season on Friday night.
But Downs had a game-sealing interception in addition to the win, which gave him 11 career interceptions in his high school career, a new Mill Creek record.
@caleb_downs2 with his 11th career interception to set a new Mill Creek record and seal the deal for the Hawks!— Mill Creek Football (@MCFootballCoach) September 25, 2021
28-14 Hawks and Victory Formation!
Brown secures interception in win
Brown secured an interception in Lakota West's 28-7 victory over Mason on Friday night.
Brown also makes big plays on special teams, and had another great return last weekend.
Last week, Brown's teammate, 2022 offensive lineman commit Tegra Tshabola, told Eleven Warriors he doesn't mind moving around on the offensive line to help his team create different running lanes. Tshabola seemed to be just fine at left tackle Friday.
The best of the rest
- 6-foot-4, 237-pound 2023 defensive end Gabriel Harris made an impact play defensively for Thomas County Central (Thomasville, Georgia) Friday night, scooping up a fumble recovery and taking it to the house. Harris also had a terrific all-around effort for his team, contributing on kickoff coverage and chasing down ball carriers all night long.
Easy money pic.twitter.com/vRki1FuZF4— Gabriel Harris Jr (@gabegokrazy) September 25, 2021
Game changing play pic.twitter.com/lKdbtimcb3— Gabriel Harris Jr (@gabegokrazy) September 25, 2021
- Priority 2023 offensive line target TJ Shanahan seems to have no problem adjusting from his move from Florida to Texas last month, falling right in with a dominating Westlake High School (Austin, Texas) offensive line opening up running lanes for his teammates.
- Earlier this week, we told you Kayin Lee is one of Ohio State's primary cornerback targets for the class of 2023. On Friday night, he showcased why with a two-interception game.
2 interceptions last night ATGTG— Kayin Lee (@_kayinlee) September 25, 2021
- Reuben Owens, a 2023 running back target, certainly had a performance to remember Friday night, racking up 18 carries for 324 yards and four touchdowns. One of his touchdowns was straight out of a magic show.
- A bit of a somber note, 2023 defensive line target Keith Sampson Jr. was playing with a heavy heart Friday night after his uncle unexpectedly died Tuesday. Ohio State sent him a graphic before the contest wishing him well.
Thanks @OSUCoachKDub @R2X_Rushmen1 for the love. Tonight's game will be dedicated in honor of my uncle Elton Sampson who passed away unexpectedly on tuesday. He was one of my biggest supporters and supported me so much. pic.twitter.com/j0ByHdiTzP— Keith Sampson Jr. (KJ) (@ksampson94) September 24, 2021
- Brown wasn't the only 2022 Ohio State defensive back commit to snag an interception Friday, as Kye Stokes joined him in that department.
- Friday was 2022 Ohio State linebacker commit Gabe Powers' night. Off the field, he was named homecoming king. On the field, he led his team to a 21-14 victory over Hilliard Darby to stay undefeated on the season, having a complete effort on both sides of the ball. On defense, Powers had a season-high 16 tackles, including a sack and two tackles for loss. Offensively, Powers rushed for 85 yards in addition to nabbing two receptions for 33 yards.
All hail King Gabe!— Mick Walker (@MickDWalker) September 24, 2021
Ohio State linebacker commit @GabePowers21 is your 2021 Marysville homecoming king.
Cool to see Gabes maturation throughout high school. One of the best football players in Marysville history and all around great person. pic.twitter.com/DIR1FvQ0sz