Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Adding an Ignore Option

+52 HS
Fawn Liebowitz's fiance's picture
March 2, 2023 at 12:17pm
67 Comments

Good morning,

This question is for the staff to hopefully answer. Is there ever going to be an option to ignore posters? No I am not talking about the downvote button. The posters that are ruining my experience on this site have gotten around the downvote button by posting all day everyday and only 1/4 (spit-balling here) of their comments are bad so they maintain their helmet stickers to continue to post.

I used to come to this site everyday, usually for hours. I love getting all the information I possibly can on the Buckeyes. Lately every topic/article is ruined by people who just want to fight, or people who think they need to say every single thought that pops into their heads. Yes I can try to ignore it, but when it is in every single thing I read, it has become not worth it. I've deleted my social media, (besides twitter, but I have the option of only looking at my followers who are buckeye reporters that do not post things to get anger clicks)  and can hardly watch the news. The buckeyes are all I have left, and now I cannot even come here to read about them. 

Is this ever going to be an option, or can someone point me to a site where I can just get buckeye football and really be able to ignore the trolls? I hate to say it, but if this isn't even being looked into I cannot stay on this site. Over the years I have purchased plenty of gear, and was a 12th warrior when I had the money. If I can only get this at a pay site that is fine, but that also means I will not become a 12th warrior again in the future, because my money will be going to a site with an ignore button. 

I'm sorry for the long winded post, when it can all be boiled down to: Is there an option for an ignore button down the road, or some other fix that will help normal buckeye fans read your buckeye content? 

I would really hate to leave the site, but I also hate having to half-read the site to try to keep my blood pressure down. My only alternative is to leave, I am just hoping there is a fix coming soon to bring me back. 

Thank you for your reply.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments