Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

New Eleven Warriors Football Recruiting Writer Garrick Hodge AMA

Garrick Hodge's picture
July 7, 2021 at 10:00am
139 Comments

Things officially came full circle for me about a month ago. 

The first-ever journalism interview I can ever remember conducting was with former Ohio State guard Lenzelle Smith Jr. when we were both seniors in high school at Zion-Benton Township High School in Zion, IL.  

And starting this week, I'm now officially The Ohio State football recruiting reporter for Eleven Warriors. Time certainly flies.  

Since finishing college at Western Illinois in 2014, I've lived all over the country, but let's focus on the recent past. I've spent the last three years covering the SEC, most recently Mississippi State for two years and before that Mizzou for one. Yes, Mike Leach is every bit as wild as he appears to be from the random soundbites you've seen on the internet.

Living in the Deep South was certainly different than anything I had ever known, but I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be back in the Midwest. My sister is finishing her PHD in chemistry in December at The Ohio State, so there are some small ties to the school in my family. 

Of note, I'm a big Chicago Bears fan (you'll gather as much from time to time if you follow me on Twitter @Garrick_Hodge). I've never seen competent quarterback play in my life for more than a few games at a time, so I'm really, really praying Justin Fields is the real deal. 

It's been a whirlwind of a month and a hectic first couple of days at 11W, but I am ready to answer whatever questions you may have and getting to know this community. Bring it on. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 139 Comments