Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Iconomics 201: This Time I Meme It

+18 HS
Earle's picture
February 22, 2018 at 10:08am
201 Comments

Once upon a time, in another era, a guy changed his Icon (that's an avatar, for you millennial types).  Hilarity ensued.  Those were heady times, before the Google Hammer, when Recent Comments adorned the sidebar, and jiggly gifs freely roamed the forums.  However progress marches on.  11W's "new' format has spawned lookalikes in Iowa and Pennsylvania, while that site up north, like the team it follows, still clings to a past that embraces Geocities tech and 19th century titles.  Yet the more things change, the more they stay the same.  Icons still mean something at ElevenWarriors.com.  They, more than anything else, are the way we recognize our fellow posters.  But sometimes Icons need a little help.  So, with my eternal gratitude to Thurdsty for the inspiration, I believe it is time to revisit the Icon Meme.  It is the offseason, after all.  For inspiration, please see this and this.

A couple of examples to kick things off:

Miss you, Bucksfan, sorry about the Cincy bashing.

Just remember, these are just internet personae.  Things are not always as they meme:

Anyway, have fun in the comments.

DISCLAIMER/PSA:  Some of the memes you see may be inside jokes.  This is not intended to be exclusionary, but the Premium Lounge is real, and it is spectacular.  23 cents a day is all it costs to keep 11W Crash Free, while enjoying access to all the PL hijinks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 201 Comments