Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Bookmarking / Searching on 11W - Idea

+3 HS
chefjoey's picture
May 4, 2017 at 12:19pm
11 Comments

Hi 11W Team -

Just an idea I've had for a while that I wanted to share.

I often find myself wishing I could go back to certain articles. However, I do not always remember the date of which it was posted, defeating the use of archives. I sometimes struggle to locate the article, and hate having to scroll down and back through multiple pages to find it

My two ideas:

1.) When searching, it would be helpful to be able to organize the results by different options such as Time/Date, Author, Type (Forum vs 11W), Popularity (Views and/or Comments). This would give users the ability to find articles faster when they cannot remember the entire name or date of the post.

2.) Give members the ability to flag/save articles. For example, if there was a little button near the top of an article in which members could flag the article, then the article could be saved. When going to the members account page, the user and other users could see articles flagged from the past for a quick and easy way to find them.

These were a couple ideas I had. I love the 11W site and team, and all of the hard work you all do to cover the local team for us! The whole community is an amazing group and I love being a part of it! These were some suggestions/ideas I had to improve the site. Thanks again!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments