Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Y u have no icon new guys?

+13 HS
FitzBuck's picture
February 12, 2017 at 8:45am
189 Comments

Hi new members of 11w.  I wanted to create a forum to address the influx of new members that do not have an icon.  On the surface it seems like an insignificant part of the site experience, but I'm here to make the case for you to join in.  First a brief history lesson around the importance of an "icon".  Once upon a time (before the site evolved into this visually appealing and user friendly interface) a user named Bucksfan nearly melted the servers when he created a forum to announce an icon change. The original is lost, but here is V2 when the new site went live.  http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/site-stuff/2014/02/33253/bucksfan-changing-icon

One day I changed my icon, and the entire internet almost collapsed in on itself and destroyed the known universe. Good news is that we're all still here and can laugh about it. Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
I still look for that OSU cake in forum posts.
That my friends is the point.  Your icon helps identify you and makes you easier to spot in the forums.  I seek out my favorite posters and I tend to upvote them.  Many of us do the same.  

(Fat pants)

(Remy)

I bet if I asked you to name the icons for Hov, Andy Vance, etc you could.  Please join in the fun and help us find your posts.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 189 Comments