Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Hope it's not a Dupe. Time to grow up.

0 HS
Rollin'85South's picture
January 25, 2016 at 9:29am
374 Comments

First off, I want to start by saying that the 11W Staff is second to none. They do an amazing job of keeping up with all things Buckeyes, and keep us, the Buckeye faithful, up-to-date on all of the current news. I'll also throw in a "Birm is the greatest recruiting writer ever!", for good measure. 
I have been following Ohio State recruiting since the Tressel days and try to stay "in the know" with all football recruits. I've followed 11W ,along with a couple other sites, since, and have been a member of 11W since July of 2015.
Here's where I lose some fans (No sweat off my back). Within the last year, it seems there has been an influx of new 11W readers. Most have no idea the exact science about 11W etiquette. Many of them will comment on various threads with repeat questions, or create threads that have previously been posted. Yes, I understand this can get annoying. But there are people in place to monitor forum posts and delete post duplicates. And the people posting these things are trying to be helpful and going out of their way to try and contribute something they hope is news to all. 
What I have noticed recently, is that there is a group of 11W members who seem to think they are elitists. They spend all day, everyday surfing the forums and articles, and every chance they get, they bash somebody for posting something they feel is ridiculous. Sometimes they gang up with their elitist buddies and really let some people have it. GROW THE FUCK UP! Most people don't have the time to sit around reading every single article or forum post to stay completely current with what's going on. Most people don't want to read through the comments section and sift through all the dickhead comments from people thinking they are better than others because they read last weeks Hurry Up and so-and-so should just know that recruit A isn't coming. I get that some questions posted are asinine. If it pisses you off..... Just. Keep. Scrolling. Stop Trolling. If nobody responds to them, maybe they will take the time to investigate themselves. 
This "community" is quickly becoming pompous with some of the people who think they are top dog around here. Not everyone can be as cool as you.
Rant over.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 374 Comments