Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Business ideas / Entrepreneurship

0 HS
steve-OH's picture
November 4, 2015 at 11:32am
42 Comments

I know some of you have started your own business, and some here have taken ideas from concept to company. Hoping to get some input from some of you guys.

In college, I had a friend get me into reading business books. Started with the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series and evolved from there. It really got my mind going. My last year in college I started a janitorial company by paying for some business cards and selling to commercial offices/buildings until I got a yes, then I went and bought supplies and got started, it lasted for a year or two and was good for me.That also sort of launched my career in sales, which is what I do now.

Since then, I randomly will have ideas for a website or product, but never really have the knowledge or resources to test it out or launch it. I have an idea that I've been kicking around in my head for a couple months, but don't really know where to start.

To you guys that have done something similar, do you have any advice on launching out, finding partners or resources to do it, or just a general warning to a guy who always thinks he "has a good idea"?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments