Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

JPBUCK - update

Ramzy Nasrallah's picture
June 19, 2015 at 9:25am
215 Comments

6/25 - I jailed another account tonight that had an OSU handle but a long posting history that basically screamed "#wellactually I'm a Penn State fan."

All are welcome here, but if you are a fan of another school you shouldn't have a handle that suggests otherwise. All that does is cause threadjacks, which degrades the forum experience.

Neither poster broke existing rules, but now that this has happened twice - if we have to make "being duplicitous" a formal rule, we will. I'd like to avoid that because it's s o o o o l a a a a a a m e. We shouldn't need a rule that stupid.

Sorry about all of this. Go Bucks.

6/19 - This is tricky because it's outside of the commenting rules.

His account has been suspended because every one of his posts devolves into a debate over his identity. He has "Buck" in his handle but he's on a 20-post streak of either defending or promoting Michigan - and it's actually longer than 20 posts; the account cache only shows the most recent ones.

The continual wolf-in-sheep's-clothing debate takes away from the forum experience so this suspension is at the discretion of the site. He could have mitigated it by showing the ability to not comment at literally every opportunity to defend Michigan and/or Harbaugh, but he didn't - and every thread predictably goes off course to debate his affiliation. That's dumb. We don't like dumb forums. Try anywhere else if you're into that.

No hard or strong feelings. Just wanted to clean up the experience for our paying customers. Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 215 Comments