Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Nate Ebner Mentioned in the Tom Brady Roast

+22 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
May 9, 2024 at 11:51am
23 Comments

Out of sheer off season boredom I watched some of the TB roast,brutal at times. Randy Moss got in on the act and for the most part his contribution centered around the fact that he never got a ring despite being there for 3 years and being on the team that went undefeated in the regular season 16-0. At one point he brought up Nate Ebner and the fact that even he had 3 superbowl rings. “Nate Ebner, who the f$&k is Nate Ebner”. Almost fell off the couch I was laughing so hard.He turned his special teams skills into a very profitable 10 year NFL career.Pretty amazing.

As a junior @ OSU he walked on the football team despite never playing football in HS and by the end of the year he was the best player on special teams. Earning a scholarship for his senior year. The patriots drafted him in the 6th round signing a$2.2 million dollar contract and signed two subsequent 2 year deals with the patriots before ending his NFL career with the Giants on a 1 year deal. 

Now this is definitely a guy that could be a great special teams coach. Great example imo of someone that benefited greatly from his work ethic. And his story of how he turned his short time @ OSU into a 10 year career in the NFL would certainly translate on the recruiting trail. Teammates @ OSU nicknamed him Leonidas for his beard and his daily workout routine. Sorry for being so long but Eber’s story deserves it imo. I didn’t understand Brady’s reasoning for doing a roast so soon after his retirement. I mean isn’t that something to be done once totally irrelevant? 

Have a great day everyone and hug your loved ones. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments