Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Did Ohtani Bet on Baseball?

+8 HS
AZ Buckeye13's picture
March 25, 2024 at 8:18pm
105 Comments

https://sports.yahoo.com/shohei-ohtani-breaks-silence-on-interpreter-scandal-i-never-bet-on-baseball-or-any-other-sports-220333522.html

It will be interesting to see what MLB will do involving Ohtani. Ohtani claims that he has never bet on baseball or any other sports.

Ohtani's name has been linked to a bookie that took bets through his interpreter. Ohtani claims that his interpreter stole money from him to pay gambling debts without his knowledge.

If true, how did the interpreter gain access to Ohtani's accounts? There has been scuttlebutt that he was making bets for Ohtani to create a separation between Ohtani and the bookie. 

I don't know if MLB will have the intestinal fortitude to suspend Ohtani for gambling on baseball. He is their big star and a media celebrity. As we know, betting on baseball would include a lifetime ban for the player. Time will tell whether or not MLB really wants to pursue this accusation/claim. 

Pete Rose was given a lifetime ban for betting on baseball so the same rules should apply to Ohtani. If MLB chooses to let Ohtani continue to play under the circumstances, I only have one thing to say.

#FreePeteRose!

Edit: Just read that any bet made with an illegal bookie or illegal offshore betting website is forbidden by MLB. That is what has been uncovered here. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 105 Comments