Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

BENGALS -- Regular Season Who Dey Thread

+15 HS
Urban Achiever's picture
August 30, 2023 at 2:59pm
319 Comments

Been quiet here on the Bengals front most of the offseason/preseason.  Not a lot of concerns or big roster decisions so not much to discuss in July/August, but now they're down to 53 and ready to get the real games started!

Items on my mind as we get ready for week 1:

• Burrow contract?  Vow of silence has been maintained; still expected to get done but I'm starting to feel a bit nervous.  If not done by Labor Day is it going to happen???
  • D-Line -- Ossai's injury and cutting Raymond Johnson makes me wonder about depth at this critical group.  Not sure Murphy is going to contribute much this year (similar to Dax Hill last season?)
  • Secondary...young but promising.  Maybe some growing pains especially with the new safeties, but I like the approach to go heavy in the draft on defense, and in Big Lou we trust.
  • O-Line I expect to be by far the best of the Burrow era.  Seems Jonah Williams has made a good transition to RT.  Won't be best in the league, but "average-to-solid" will do just fine with the elite skill players, and fingers crossed they can stay relatively healthy.
  • Hopefully rest of special teams unit (snapper, holder/punter) match McPherson's level of ability.  Have to be solid in all aspects of special teams so the talent on Offense/Defense can shine through.
  • Goal has to be to get the 1-seed.  Can't have a slow start like last year.  Going to be tough with 2 division games to start.  Long season, but can't give away games when you're trying to beat KC to the top spot in the AFC.
    • Rest of schedule should shape up to give them a really good chance.  Play AFC South and NFC West, + Vikings as the "17th" crossover game.  Plenty of winnable games.  Much easier-looking schedule than what last year's appeared to be at the start.

Overall gotta love where they're at, and I'm sure we're all amped up for another fun season!  We'll get frustrated at times, but as always please keep in mind (not that I have to remind the Cincy lifers here) this is likely the best team in Bengals history.  WHO DEY!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 319 Comments